Hello all, first post and rookie question

Bill Groom

Equipment
B7100 HST
Apr 2, 2019
N.E. Ohio
Hello fellas, just acquired a B7100HST a few weeks ago. Have gathered and Land Pride 48" rfm, a boom pole, a Titan drawbar, and a rear dirt scoop. Found these weights of a NH ag machine. Does anyone think these are too big for the 7100? They are 67lbs per. I would like to grab 3.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hodgy

Equipment
B7800, front blade, box blade, subsoiler & 3 PTH snowblower
Apr 19, 2019
Canada

Welcome to the forum, I just joined two days ago so I don't have a answer for you but someone will.

Bill Groom

Equipment
B7100 HST
Apr 2, 2019
N.E. Ohio
Thank you Hodgy, coming from Case garden tractors, this is a new beast for me. With the rfm raised, going up a hill and turning into my garage she has a tendency for push through the turn. I have not tried the boom pole or rear scoop yet, for fear of yanking the front end.

I have seen others run the 42 lb John Deere weights, but have to wonder if 125 lbs is enough to keep the front end planted. I have been unable to find a weight rating for the frame horn, hence my asking such a question before buying these NH weights. I want to ensure I will not damage the front end.

With an inside width of 7.5" between the front rails, it will be plenty tight with 3 of the smaller weights. And boy howdy are they proud of them, around $1.50 a lb.

Here is my 92 on her way home. Since we all like pics.

SRG

Equipment
B8200D 4WD........ JD 870, FWA, 300x FEL.......... JD 797, 72" Z-Trak
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
I believe normal Kubota weights are 55lbs for your machine (think you can fit 3). I say if they fit the front bracket, hang'em on there. An extra 36lbs aint gonna break anything.

Bill Groom

Equipment
B7100 HST
Apr 2, 2019
N.E. Ohio
Thank you SRG, that is what I was wondering. I did see the Kubota 55 lb weights, cast with a 5011, as well as 77 lb plates cast with a 5012. Again, they are proud of them. Can someone who runs the smaller suitcase weights advise if the plant the front end firmly with 125 lbs, or do they wish they had more weight?

SRG

Equipment
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
I had 3-55's on my B8200. With a boom pole off the 3pt carrying an iron block GM 5.3 long block, I still had to have the old lady stand on the front weights to have steering. That's alot of leverage tho, and that machine is a bit bigger than a 7100.
As far as normal work went, I could pull a 60" box blade with R4 tires, and use a 60" tiller that weighs 700lbs.
You're gonna run out of traction before anything. These little machines just don't have the weight.

Bill Groom

Equipment
B7100 HST
Apr 2, 2019
N.E. Ohio
That is what I wanted to hear, and I thank you for taking the time to respond. The NH weights aren't much bigger than the Kubota weights, and at $.75 / lb I am going to grab 3 of them. And I will grab a 20' 3/8s chain to wrap around them, giving approximately 240 lbs.

SRG

Equipment
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
I also ran a 60" rotary cutter off that machine, never had steering issues, on flat ground, NO IDEA how ti would handle on uneven/hilly terrain. Use caution.

If you run long bolts, or all thread, through the hole in the weights, and another one through the grab handle, you could ad an extra weight on either side, and have 5 weights up front.

Bill Groom

Equipment
B7100 HST
Apr 2, 2019
N.E. Ohio
That is a great idea. I will grab these 3 and see how things work. The fella has 4k lbs of plates, can always grab a couple more down the road if necessary. I will be bolting these 3 together to eliminate rattles after they are blasted and painted Kubota grey.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
The factory FEL for the B7100 had a 500lb capacity. Plus the weight of the FEL itself. A couple hundred pounds of weights on the front should be OK.

Bill Groom

Equipment
B7100 HST
Apr 2, 2019
N.E. Ohio
Very good, thank you, I will move forward with acquiring these to plant the front end for some work. Exactly why I brought her home.

Thank you all for your input, it is most appreciated!

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
Are you planning on adding or using any other 3 point attachments that would require additional front end weight? My tractor also is light in the front when lifting my 60" finish deck but I just keep it on the ground until I get where I am going. Is that not an option for you? I do not need to have front weights JUST to transport my finish mower when I can easily just roll it to where I want.
Does your situation require you to have it up to transport? Would you make use out of the weights with other equipment? I am sure our situations differ in some respect but personally I can do with the minor inconvenience of moving the mower with it down on it's own wheels.

By the way, nice looking tractor. It seems in excellent shape for a machine 25+ years old.

Bill Groom

Equipment
B7100 HST
Apr 2, 2019
N.E. Ohio
Good morning Missouribound, I will be utilizing the boom pole for some heavier lifts in the near future, as well as the rear scoop for some items. And I plan on purchasing the carry all implement, and would love to get a chipper down the road. Also a rear snowblower.

I like / love the looks of suitcase weights, and the additional surefootedness will add utility to a host of future endeavors. These will be sandblasted and painted Kubota grey to match the tractor.

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Do you intend to use the 3ph arms to lift the weight with the boom pole? Or hang a lifting device (eg: chain falls, come-alongs) from the boom to do the actual lifting?

The maximum rated capacity of the 3ph at the outer ends of the lift arms is 400 lbs. Of course, since attachments generally extend past that point, the maximum attachment weight is less -- for example 300 lbs for a rotary mower or 350 lbs for a snowblower.

The leverage that a boom pole can apply will depend on how far back from the pins that the pole extends, and includes the weight of the pole itself. If your pole is 100lbs and rises straight up from the pins, you could lift 300 lbs. But if it extends 5 feet rearward, you could lift 60 lbs.

The issue is not just the capacity of the hydraulic cylinder, but also the strength of the tractor, notably the top link attachment point. Kubota offered a heavily-reinforced top link bracket for use with a back hoe on the B7100 for this very reason. Without the optional bracket, the casting could be broken off when subjected to the leverage applied when operating a backhoe.

I would suggest that you design or modify your boom so that it rests itself on the ground in operation, using the 3ph for transporting the boom itself only, and do not attempt to move the tractor with any significant weight hanging from the boom.

Bill Groom

Equipment
B7100 HST
Apr 2, 2019
N.E. Ohio
That is an excellent point, thank you for pointing that out. A had a huge red oak dropped last year, and they left a considerable sized log in the front yard. I had planned to raise that enough to transport it on a trailer to take to family for home heating. It sounds as if that may not be a good idea.

As well, a water logged burn barrel was planned to be loaded on the trailer and sent to the dump. I will modify my plans to come to a different solution. And I will look for the modified top link attachment point. I do intend to use this for working to save my bad back, but will have to work smarter, for myself and the Kub.

I think I will make use of the cherry picker on the trailer, now, rather than abuse the 3ph. Thank you again.

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I don't think they are still available from Kubota, but this is what the brackets looked like:

For firewood, you could always buck it on site, then throw the pieces on the trailer (front-end loader or 3ph carry all is great for that application). Or, mill it into slabs with an Alaska chain saw mill. Live-edge wood is very saleable right now ;)

If the boom was designed to transfer the weight directly to the ground, you could lift a load and back the trailer under it.

Attachments

Bill Groom

Equipment
B7100 HST
Apr 2, 2019
N.E. Ohio
Well, the saga is over. The local Kubota dealer had the 55lb weights, and sold me 3 for $210. Will get them loaded up this evening, and take some pics. I told them and showed them what I was considering and they worked with me on the price till we both made out. No more fretting, I have the correct weights for my steed.

Thank you all for the input and suggestions, very glad to be with the group.