B26 TLB Hydraulic Pressure Check

auctioneeral

Equipment
B26
Dec 16, 2018
shamong nj
I would just like to know how and what would control the flow rate of hyd. fluid. Because hyd. pressure is at the correct spec.
Just like complaining to dealer and him showing with machine sitting still everything works fine. But when you go to work machine is when everything happens. Like stated in other post I can pickup whole machine with bh and swing backend side to side without problem with filled tires. Its just working machine that got me confused. Yes I'm coming off a Case 580 bh which I know I cann't execpt much from b26...

auctioneeral

Equipment
B26
Dec 16, 2018
shamong nj
The tractor it self I love but operation of BH is a joke to me. This is just my 2 cents being very disappointed in machine.
We have a Kubota KX41v3 which I love and can pick your hat right off your head ,thats how nice that machine is and can operated it. I don't know if you can compare B26 to KX41 but the excavator works circle around the B26.
See since the B26 was new 4n1 bucket when sitting over night opens up and if useing fel every 5-10 minutes you have to push button to close 4n1 bucket because it lose the pressure i guess to hold bucket close. Left stabilzer leg on bh will drop down over night. These are the few things I cann't get threw my head for a 35-40 thousand dollar rig. With just 2 hrs at time of delivery till now at 77 hrs.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
It is impossible to compare a TLB to a KX. Apple to pumpkin.

B26 is a tractor that was designed to be a tractor, with a backhoe. It is an open center system where the pumps have constant flow which is dependent on RPM. The KX series on the other hand is a pilot pressure closed center system in that the pumps are variable displacement based on input from the operator. That's the simplest terms I can think of to describe the difference. On the TLB, it's never EVER going to work like a KX but it should be able to lift the tractor unless something weird is happening.

So from day one this has been a problem? One thing worth mentioning here is that Kubota's warranty department is really watching certain things, and one of those is that the warranty booklet that every new owner gets has limitations (that's why it's called a LIMITED warranty). One of the limitations is that when a failure occurs, the owner has 10 days (I think) to get the tractor to the dealer. Continuing to operate in failure mode has been subject to warranty repair denial. Just thought I'd throw that out there, for what it's worth. Inconvenience is not something that is a consideration in the warranty department's eye. Transportation to/from dealer and service calls are not covered.

auctioneeral

Equipment
B26
Dec 16, 2018
shamong nj
No didn't figure out problem. Waiting till first of June to send it to another dealer. Got to wait because we have alot of work to do with it till I go on vacation.
I did talk to another dealer service tech. and said that there is something wrong with it. But would have to be taken to shop. Which we are.

auctioneeral

Equipment
B26
Dec 16, 2018
shamong nj
Well the tractor is going to a different dealer first week of June. I can't wait to see what they find out.
Been told operator which is BS.
I replace the rubber elbow behind hydraulic pump and still same..
Within last month using it. I found out that you can turn steering wheel after tire stops. I put a steering knob on it and it never stays in same place.
So we will see.
I narrow it down to pump or flow of hydraulic oil to pump.

Hake

Jan 7, 2017
Ky
Pretty sure the b26 has independent hydraulic steering pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rexey

Jun 29, 2017
New Hampshire.
As anybody done a hyd. pressure check on a B26.

I'm wanting to check it because dealer states nothing wrong with hydraulic system. It's brand new with 77 hrs. 4n1 bucket kubota 3rd function and hydraulic thumb.

I been stating since new something wrong because hydraulic as no power. Backhoe is use less. The hoe won't push or pull tractor with backhoe on grass yard. The 2 cylinders for boom get real hot all other cylinders running cool on tractor. When you try to use backhoe boom to push or pull tractor there is a clicking noise coming from under seat. The knob under seat they state as to be closed or open to operated backhoe. It doesn't matter were that knob is open or closed backhoe operates the same. I look up about knob and that is for 3pt arm speed going down.

The last 2 days useing it now the 3 rd function 20amp fuse blows when useing 4n1.

We would send it back, but dealer charged us a real high transporting fee for about 40 miles. And another dealer is 6-8 weeks backlog on service.

Service book shows testing hydraulic pressure atnfront loader cylinder fitting with a T fitting. But I don't know what size fitting to buy.

They owe you a free transport for having the slow guy check it last time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The hoe won't push or pull tractor with backhoe on grass yard.
I just reread this first statement, IT WON'T, unless you put the transmission range in neutral.
Even the larger HST models you can not move the tractor with the BH alone.
The reason it won't move it is because your fighting the HST which will have it locked in place. ;)

So if that's your only complaint about the BH operation it's not a valid complaint as that is normal operation of the tractor.

Last edited:

Woodstuck

Equipment
L2501
Apr 29, 2019
Hammonton
I'm going to have to disagree. My l2501 gets tossed around pretty good with the backhoe and I know my bh77 is weaker than the b26 backhoe. I've been following this thread because I'm pretty sure me and the OP have the same local dealer. When I went to purchase from them I felt they weren't very knowledgeable of their tractors but they were priced well. I ended up purchasing out of state risking not having local dealer support. Anyway I did end up having an issue and the out of state dealer sent a service truck next day at no charge to repair the tractor. After reading all of this I'm glad I went the route I did. As to the OP dont give up as there is something definitely wrong with your machine and I would pursue getting that original service charge back when you find out what it is.

auctioneeral

Equipment
B26
Dec 16, 2018
shamong nj
Well we will see. Tractor is in shop now. I laughed when they came to pick it up.
It was a mechanic who pick it up. He said right away there is something wrong with hydraulic system. Seems like its starving for fluid.
We will see.

auctioneeral

Equipment
B26
Dec 16, 2018
shamong nj
Well went to dealer yesterday to test tractor out.
Man what a different.
They install new hydraulic pump.
Works great now.
Got it delivered to me today.