B26 TLB Hydraulic Pressure Check

auctioneeral

Equipment
B26
Dec 16, 2018
shamong nj
As anybody done a hyd. pressure check on a B26.
I'm wanting to check it because dealer states nothing wrong with hydraulic system. It's brand new with 77 hrs. 4n1 bucket kubota 3rd function and hydraulic thumb.
I been stating since new something wrong because hydraulic as no power. Backhoe is use less. The hoe won't push or pull tractor with backhoe on grass yard. The 2 cylinders for boom get real hot all other cylinders running cool on tractor. When you try to use backhoe boom to push or pull tractor there is a clicking noise coming from under seat. The knob under seat they state as to be closed or open to operated backhoe. It doesn't matter were that knob is open or closed backhoe operates the same. I look up about knob and that is for 3pt arm speed going down.
The last 2 days useing it now the 3 rd function 20amp fuse blows when useing 4n1.
We would send it back, but dealer charged us a real high transporting fee for about 40 miles. And another dealer is 6-8 weeks backlog on service.
Service book shows testing hydraulic pressure atnfront loader cylinder fitting with a T fitting. But I don't know what size fitting to buy.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes you can get a pressure gauge and test the hydraulics, does the loader have good power?

Couple things right off the top of my head, Disconnect the connections to the BH and loop the system as if the BH was not on the tractor and see how it performs, then reconnect the fittings check it again.

What position do you have the three point control in?
As a maladjusted feedback linkage can cause the system to go into bypass, try running it with the three point lever in a 1/4 off stop position.

Last edited:

auctioneeral

Equipment
B26
Dec 16, 2018
shamong nj
My loader I think is good. I have had bh off dozen times and I did notice any difference.. the 3pt. Knob I try yesterday turning it open close and did not do any thing for by. The knob works for 3pt because I try it with finish mower.
I will have to try moving 3pt lever and see if any difference.
In the service manual it states 3pt knob to either turn open or close for bh.
And I'm thinking the clicking noise under seat is relief valve.

auctioneeral

Equipment
B26
Dec 16, 2018
shamong nj
Ok took bh off and runs the same.
I took bh off and took a pressure gauge and connect into the rear of tractor were bh hoses connect at..
gauge reads 200psi no matter were throttle is set at.
while gauge is hook up i attempted to turn 3pt hitch control speed knob and no change in pressure.
I let gauge hook up and if i move 3pt hitch lever from down postion to just moving it a half inch gauge will jump to 500 and drop are back down to 200. i did that till 3pt lever was at far height up postion and every half inch movment on lever pressure would jump and then drop right back down to 200.
I connected bh back up and hooked hyd. hoses up thru gauge and only 200 psi and did same with 3pt hitch lift lever.
I would think there should beat least 2250 psi going thru the bh hoses at back of tractor feeding bh. spec. call for 2250psi at 2800 rpm. which i dont have.
Going to take hose off front end loader curl bucket cylinder and see what pressure i have there.
I call Messicks tech support and they said the knob under seat for 3pt hitch speed drop as nothing to do with bh hyd. hoses or pressure. it only controls speed of 3pt arms dropping.
Then told to check pressure at one of the cylinders on bh and see what pressure is. Well if i only have 200psi at the loop on back of tractor its not going to be more pressure on bh cylinders.

auctioneeral

Equipment
B26
Dec 16, 2018
shamong nj
well hook pressure gauge up to front loader curl bucket cylinder like service manual says to do.
pressure at just running tractor is 200psi, when i curl bucket to dump pressure goes to 500psi and if i bottom out holding stick to dump bucket pressure is 2250psi.
Took bh bucket cylinder hook up gauge and only 100psi running tractor , full throttle same.
go to open bucket and get 200psi. hold lever in open bottom out and get 2250psi. when closing bucket only 200-500psi.
this thing as me stump.

the reason doing all the testing is since this machine was brand new the bh as no hyd. power.
took other day and would not even pull a road sign metal post out of the ground which was only in ground 2 feet.

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
I'll defer to the wolfman on this but could you have a defective quick disconnect fitting. The hoe should certainly move the machine.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes your pressures are fine, but flow could be an issue.

I would remove the quick disconnects on the BH lines and plumb it directly (no quick disconnect fittings) and see how it runs. ;)

auctioneeral

Equipment
B26
Dec 16, 2018
shamong nj
If the pressure are fine. I'm still stump because there stating 2250 psi. But i only get 2250 if I hold or keep a cylinder at its long cylinder length.
While gauge was hook up to bh bucket and i operated bh as to pull tractor or push tractor with bh bucket and boom its still runs at 200-500 psi. not 2250psi.
Did same thing to fel hook to bucket and on in to pile of stones and curl bucket to fill bucket with stones and still only 200-500psi. But if i tilt bucket all the way open and hold lever it reads 2250psi.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If the pressure are fine. I'm still stump because there stating 2250 psi. But i only get 2250 if I hold or keep a cylinder at its long cylinder length.
While gauge was hook up to bh bucket and i operated bh as to pull tractor or push tractor with bh bucket and boom its still runs at 200-500 psi. not 2250psi.
Did same thing to fel hook to bucket and on in to pile of stones and curl bucket to fill bucket with stones and still only 200-500psi. But if i tilt bucket all the way open and hold lever it reads 2250psi.
You will only see max pressure when the cylinders stop moving, not while in motion.;)

Didn't you say the fel is fine it's just the BH that seems to have a power issue?

Last edited:

auctioneeral

Equipment
B26
Dec 16, 2018
shamong nj
Yes to me its just bh. I'm just looking at it has a BIG dispointment to the bh operation on it compared to a B2650 a guy has down the road and i have used. My brother has a old pull behind 16hp bh that works circles around this bh.
I have a kx41-3 excavator that works circle around this bh . I know excavator is not a bh.
I know its got to go to a dealer to be check out, just don't like the idea of 3-6 weeks back log at dealers around here.
To me you should be able to operated bh with both sticks at same time. If i'm digging trench and go to swing bh and curl bucket to not lose dirt in bucket the swing will stop while curling bucket till you let go of stick from curling.
And both cylinders for boom and dipper should not get hot to touch were if you place your hand on boom cylinder while getting off of it, it will burn your hand. All other cylinders are cool to touch. Its been them 2 cylinders since day one.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes to me its just bh. I'm just looking at it has a BIG dispointment to the bh operation on it compared to a B2650 a guy has down the road and i have used. My brother has a old pull behind 16hp bh that works circles around this bh.
I have a kx41-3 excavator that works circle around this bh . I know excavator is not a bh.
I know its got to go to a dealer to be check out, just don't like the idea of 3-6 weeks back log at dealers around here.
To me you should be able to operated bh with both sticks at same time. If i'm digging trench and go to swing bh and curl bucket to not lose dirt in bucket the swing will stop while curling bucket till you let go of stick from curling.
And both cylinders for boom and dipper should not get hot to touch were if you place your hand on boom cylinder while getting off of it, it will burn your hand. All other cylinders are cool to touch. Its been them 2 cylinders since day one.
You're looking for the issue to be pressure related, it's not, it's a lack of flow issue, this is why you can't operate two operations at one time.

A B26 should walk circles around a B2650, so there is an issue, could be as simple as a couple bad hoses or as I stated earlier, bad quick disconnects. ;)

auctioneeral

Equipment
B26
Dec 16, 2018
shamong nj
Should I change quick connects to flat connectors or stay with what's on bh now?
Also going to remove cover for bh control sticks and see how hoses are in there since dealer install hydraulic thumb.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Should I change quick connects to flat connectors or stay with what's on bh now?
Also going to remove cover for bh control sticks and see how hoses are in there since dealer install hydraulic thumb.
Details always help, that could very likely be where your issue might be at.

As far a couplings I'm a fan of flat face, But I would see if you could eliminate the Quick couplings completely just for the matter of testing, that would give you max flow. ;)

Last edited:

SAITCHO

Equipment
B26,Tajfun logging winch,Box scraper, Log grapple
Sep 5, 2016
Canada
I also have a B26 and the boom cylinder get pretty hot after a few hours of digging. I cant remember the exact PSI I had but it was on the mark. I can pick up the butt end and move it around no problems on my machine even with loaded tires.

L35

Equipment
L35/TL720/BT900/York rake/Valby chipper
Jun 13, 2010
CT
Maybe dumb question but how do quick disconnects go bad???

auctioneeral

Equipment
B26
Dec 16, 2018
shamong nj
Well I connected the 2 hyd. lines going to bh direct without quick connects and still same.
Looking in service manual I'm leaning toward the postion control valve with the linkage feedback rod not adjusted correct.

auctioneeral

Equipment
B26
Dec 16, 2018
shamong nj
I don't know if that could be the problem. See i dont know anything about hyd. system. do know its been like this since we got it back in Oct. 2018 brand new. Dealer took it back to look at it and said nothing was wrong with it and we got a bill for $500. transportion cost which we bitch about but had to pay. So you know it wont go back to that dealer again.
All i know is it crazy that a 35-40 thousand machine can only operated 1 joy stick at a time. I had it out tuesday to dig a 4x4 ft. 3 foot deep and every time i went to curl bucket close and swing boom the curl stop and it swung. We would have another dealer look at it but there 4-6 weeks book up.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Definitely a problem based on what you're saying. Unfortunately based on what you've already said & tested, I sincerely think that it's better to let the dealer handle it. I know you're frustrated. But a good dealer WILL fix it so that you can actually use it for what it's intended to be used for. I have a few suspicions but since it's so new, I'd suggest letting trained techs look into it; hopefully they find something that warranty would pick up the tab on. One of the reasons I suggest letting the dealer look into it is that hydraulic systems--at least the B26 system--isn't terribly complicated, HOWEVER, to an untrained mechanic they can be overwhelming, and quite frankly dangerous to mess with.