Spend my money - New 40-50hp Tractor. Kubota vs Massey

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Thank you.
Yes there is Rosy Brothers (Kubota) in Dryden about 10 miles from me and Dick Coulter (NH Massey) in North Branch about 15 miles away. Both decent dealers from what I've been told, but then again, I don't have any personal experience with either.

There is much more info on the web about the Kubota Mx than really anything Massey makes as for as a new CUT is concerned. In fact, i'm having a hard time finding much info about the 2705e at all. As I said, on paper the two tractors are very comparable. Kubota has a huge following and is essentially the Toyota of the tractor world (Goes forever and holds it's value) while the Massey Looks really good, but has me a bit concerned because there doesn't seem to be a ton of them out there. Reviews, opinions, etc seem to be non-existent.

Your thoughts on Gear drive/shuttle are interesting. Most folks rave about Hydro tractors saying the're the best thing ever. Me... I guess I really don't have a preference. I do not like the associated whine noise that comes with most hydro units, but then again, my time on either a hydro tractor or gear drive has been limited. I did have a 1978 Massey 255 for a bit, so any type of trans would be a step up from the fully manual one that had.
I cant help with your decision, I mean I could but it would be based on wishful ideas...

I and another member here have nothing but good things to say about Aldermans in Lennon.