B6000 rebuild with starting problems

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes I had it done by advanced diesel over in Spokane. What do the spill test entail?
It's the test to check the timing, you take the injection lines off and check for when injector gets fuel, it should be in the WSM.
I'm looking for all that info for you.

406nick

Equipment
B6000 Kubota w/ FEL & S850 Tiller
Mar 27, 2013
Columbia Falls, MT
So I think I may have figured out the problem and it doesn't make a lot of sense but yesterday when I went out to try and start it again I loosened that pin on the front of the engine that stops the governor fork from moving too far. I was thinking it seemed like it just wasn't getting enough fuel. It seemed to start a little better and it will now blow black smoke instead of trying to die under a heavy load. It baffles me because I didn't mess with that but is there a certain way that should be adjusted?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
So I think I may have figured out the problem and it doesn't make a lot of sense but yesterday when I went out to try and start it again I loosened that pin on the front of the engine that stops the governor fork from moving too far. I was thinking it seemed like it just wasn't getting enough fuel. It seemed to start a little better and it will now blow black smoke instead of trying to die under a heavy load. It baffles me because I didn't mess with that but is there a certain way that should be adjusted?
Did you put a factory gasket on the cover?
If you didn't and only uses something like RTV that will drastically change the adjustment.

The adjustment is a balance between under and over fuel.
Running it and working it keep turning it down a little at a time till the black smoke disappears.

I'll switch gears and see if I can find a more complete adjustment answer. ;)