Bx 3 inch wheel spacers!

Bigjohn80

Equipment
Bx1870, finish mower, box blade,
Jun 4, 2017
Summerville Georgia us
Well today I added some spacers to the bx1870. We have 40 acres, of which only a few are maintained. But it is all rolling hills with a fair size ridge in the center. I maintain our hunting trails as Well mowing and bush Hogging a few acres. The bx has never offered to roll. But there are times it has made my butthole pucker for sure. So I had been debating on them for a while. These are actually made for a Ford or jeep, but they are a perfect fit for the bx. Ordered them off eBay for $89 shipped and they arrived 1 day ahead of schedule [emoji2]. Haven't got to play with it much yet, but it looks like a beast lol. This tractor gets used hard so we will see if anything breaks. Thought some might be interested to see.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Delmar

Equipment
G1900 / Kubota BX
Sep 24, 2015
Bluegrass State
Really good upgrade. Cheaper, too, than the Kubota ones.

Any issues with a belly mower? Looks like you use a pull-behind so maybe you don't know.

Reactions: 1 user

maclean

Equipment
BX25D
Jun 25, 2014
Lowell, Or
I have threes on my BX...solved my wet clay extruding out of the levers through packed fenders issue. Massive increase in stability.

jay2

Jun 30, 2015
kington, ohio
Big John,

Can you answer the front tire and MMM rubbing questions? I'm curious about both. I feel unstable mowing on a hill and have considered spacers.

jay2

Vidiot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2680 & several implements
Apr 28, 2017
Purcellville, VA, USA
I recently put 2 inch spacers on mine and it really did make a huge difference in stability on side slopes.
Didn't interfere at all with my 60" MMM.

Bigjohn80

Equipment
Bx1870, finish mower, box blade,
Jun 4, 2017
Summerville Georgia us
I don't run a mmm. I have a 60" finish mower I use for the lawn. I opted for the rear mower because I do a lot of woods work and such with the bx and didn't want the hassle of removing and installing the mmm. The finish mower doesn't give as clean a cut, but the convenience is worth it for me. I don't have a nice lawn anyways lol. I do more trail clearing , bush hogging, and loader work than mowing. So far I love the 3" spacers. The added stability is astounding. I am still planning on loading the rear tires in the future, but for now I am quite pleased and these were less than half the cost of the brand name bx spacers.

pinstripefan90

Equipment
BX25D, FEL&BH, Piranha tooth bar, Bucket hooks, Pallet forks, Back blade
Sep 8, 2017
New York
Looks great, let me know the long term results, I would be interested in doing this but I am concerned about the added stress on the axles/trans

- Jake

Reactions: 1 user

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Jake, not a worry on the back. Just dont do it on the front, as I understand thats bad JuJu

Al T

Equipment
BX2350v,Quick hitch(most tools),chipper,Aerator,FEL,snowblower,bagger,sprayer
Mar 10, 2011
Calgary, Alberta
J-bolt? Makes it easier to pull out pin to rotate wheel 90's when removing MMM

Jaebrav81

Equipment
BX23S
Apr 7, 2019
Hardin
Can you post a link or something specific on these so I can get some from eBay? I am in great need for something like this as I need mine to be more stable on our hilly and off shaped land. Thank you in advance!

VictorMR

Equipment
BX23S, Forks, front SnowBlower
Jul 30, 2020
Massachusetts
Well today I added some spacers to the bx1870. We have 40 acres, of which only a few are maintained. But it is all rolling hills with a fair size ridge in the center. I maintain our hunting trails as Well mowing and bush Hogging a few acres. The bx has never offered to roll. But there are times it has made my butthole pucker for sure. So I had been debating on them for a while. These are actually made for a Ford or jeep, but they are a perfect fit for the bx. Ordered them off eBay for $89 shipped and they arrived 1 day ahead of schedule [emoji2]. Haven't got to play with it much yet, but it looks like a beast lol. This tractor gets used hard so we will see if anything breaks. Thought some might be interested to see.

Bigjohn80
just following up to see how the spacers have held up?

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
I just installed 2 inch spacers on the rear of my B2620. Also filled the rears with washer fluid. Man I'm in a whole new world of stability..
I used RV antifreeze in mine and I think loading them up was the right thing to do.

I was thinking of spacers and didn’t measure the bolt pattern yet. Thanks for posting this and saving me some time!!

Hillbilly Engineer

Equipment
BX25D, Land leveler
Apr 20, 2015
Cadet, MO
I went with 2” and found them on Amazon for a fraction of what Kubota wants for the same thing. I believe having a cab on my 2380 adds to the “tippyness” feeling of these machines. It feels much more stabile now....
Can you post a link, I cannot read the small image to get the info... ( I'm an old fart as well... )

Thanks

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I think you can click your mouse on the image he posted, the it just shows that picture a bit larger. Then put you mouse on that picture, press you control ( CTRL ) on your keyboard and then scroll with your mouse to enlarge that picture.