Show me your Refueling Setup

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
I am in NC not sure about summer vs winter grades other than reading on here. My friend that runs the local Exxon distribution office told me the only difference is what others said RED no road tax GREEN is taxed. They are both ultra low and either will work in a tractor.
Yep, I hear that.

just not sure if that same specific applies to Home heating oil...

ya'll probably don't use much of that past mason/dixon.

I guess the question is, Do the new Kubota tractors REALLY need a low sulfur fuel.. or are the stickers just an EPA thing...
now, I'm talkin about the small BX tractors... I know they are now putting emmission stuff on the mid/large tractors... so thats probably another kettle of fish...

confused yet?

I am

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
So do you guys get someone to come out to your ranch and fill those large tanks?
I was thinking about mounting a tank of diesel and one of gasoline on a trailer, just to have it more accessible ant to keep from going to town as much, just for more fuel

I've got a 300 gal. and the local supplier comes by when I call him. I think I get a dime off if I pay it by a certain time.

It always gets paid on time because "my wife pays a bill just before it's a bill!!"

She use to make our house payment 2 weeks ahead of time. I finally told her if she had to do that, just mail it to me and I'd take care of it. We lived 3 blocks from the bank!

olekid

Equipment
B7510,loader, Curtis heated cab, loaded tires snowblower,grader blade,snow plow
Apr 9, 2013
Mount Uniacke, Nova Scotia
IMG_1980.jpg

IMG_1981.jpg Greetings, I have a 16 gallon barrel, rotary pump, filter, hose and nozzle. I mounted it on a dolly so I could turn it in and out to fill. When its down 5 gallons I refill from a 5 gallon can, very easy to handle

flynavy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100 HST-D w/FEL,654 Whel Hrs w/blade, 2654 Hsqv mowr, 28h Cfstm snowblower&cab
May 1, 2014
Laurel Springs, NJ
I purchased my B7100 3 years and have always used fuel from my heating oil tank. Never had a problem. If you ask the old farmers they'll tell you the same thing, they've been using this fuel forever without trouble.
Some have told me they filter it 1st..., others tell me "you have a filter on the tractor, don't you?"
If your in doubt take your fuel from tank drain after the filter, using a {T} inline with a valve, then it'll be filtered twice. Once from the tank and again on the tractor.
No way am I paying excessive TAX for fuel for a yard machine.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
So do you guys get someone to come out to your ranch and fill those large tanks?
I was thinking about mounting a tank of diesel and one of gasoline on a trailer, just to have it more accessible ant to keep from going to town as much, just for more fuel
I put the tank in the back of my truck and strap in down. Take it to the local filling station and fill it up till it has around 60 gallons total (I keep a spread sheet how much is in the tank). I have a meter on the tank so I can tell how much I'm putting in the tractor. Take it back to the house and unload it with the tractor and pallet forks.

Works out pretty good and the tractor doesn't have any problems moving it with 60 gallons.

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
I haven't outgrown my 5 gallon can(s) yet with my B2320
I use a kneeling pad and set it on the hood then hoist the can up there and use one of those cheap pump/siphon devices commonly used with kerosene portable stoves. Works great.

TexasBoy

Equipment
Kubota M7060 HDC12 & L4600DT
Dec 11, 2013
Central Texas
I put the tank in the back of my truck and strap in down. Take it to the local filling station and fill it up till it has around 60 gallons total (I keep a spread sheet how much is in the tank). I have a meter on the tank so I can tell how much I'm putting in the tractor. Take it back to the house and unload it with the tractor and pallet forks.

Works out pretty good and the tractor doesn't have any problems moving it with 60 gallons.
Same here, I built the base to work like a pallet and just put the entire thing on the back of my pickup, go to the bulk plant and put 95 gallons of Ag diesel in it, bring it home and unload it with the Kubota and set it back in the barn. I move round bales with no issues so that tank fulla diesel isnt any problem.

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
Well I went down to Harbor Freight :rolleyes:
and bought their Diesel transfer pump (with 20% off coupon)
https://www.harborfreight.com/12-volt-diesel-transfer-pump-66784.html

Works very well..... went from empty to full on my BX in what seemed like seconds...

I keep the pump under the hood of my garage oil tank ....
drop down the feed tube and connect alligator clips to the tractor battery....

EZ-PZ :D

Reactions: 1 user

Utopia Texas

Equipment
Kubota B2650/Kubota L6060
Jun 14, 2017
Brookshire & Cat Spring, Texas
I have a 100 gallon square metal container from TSC with a 12v pump on top. Between my T4.75, B2650 and Diesel zero turn I go through more fuel than I first imagined. It's warm here on the Texas Gulf Coast 10 months of the year and some years we have no freezes so the tractors and mowers don't sit still very long.

Wormwood

Equipment
M5-111 SVL97-2 Sidekick
Oct 3, 2011
Little Rock, AR, United States
I bought a couple of these tanks

I can throw them in the truck or up on an a frame. The whole tank is plastic so you can throw it drop it, roll it over, it doesn't leak!!! It comes with self priming pump, nozzle, motor, & 20ft power cords with gator clips. It's worked great for almost a year now.

Wormwood

Last edited:

Knott

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2015 BX2670-1, BX2755HD Snow Blower, Farmking 4' box Blade, BX 2760A Plow Blade
Jun 2, 2015
Manitoba
This is my setup. Fuel tank from semi bolted to a small pallet so l can put it in the truck & take to town & refill easily.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
BEFORE I SAW THIS THREAD

I was actually going to sell this, :D
had it sitting around from a previous job.
An old (but brand new) brush chipper fuel tank.

Will be either gravity feed, a pump or pneumatic setup. (opinions)? :confused:
Capacity should be close to 23 gallons.

Should work out good for my small L1500 tank. :)

MORE TO COME

Attachments

Last edited:

Loner16

Equipment
B-7800
I bought a couple of these tanks

I can throw them in the truck or up on an a frame. The whole tank is plastic so you can throw it drop it, roll it over, it doesn't leak!!! It comes with self priming pump, nozzle, motor, & 20ft power cords with gator clips. It's worked great for almost a year now.

Wormwood
That's a nice solution, but very expensive!

BTW, how long can/should diesel be stored?

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
...BTW, how long can/should diesel be stored?
Think that is covered earlier in this thread..... or another one.. can't recall.

but basically..... It matters on several things.
. Humidity (higher the humidity... moisture in air) shorter time unless you have way to replace air out of your fuel storage tank with something else.
. How full tank remains or not (more full = Less air/humidity)

Diesel is Hydroscopic.... it absorbs water from the air..... water grows microbes/Algae... clogs fuel filters, compression can't ignite it... dilutes oil in crankcase, freezes in winter... etc etc etc.

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
Finally got it together today. $2.05 for off road diesel vs. $3.09 at the pump? Yes please.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
Thanks man. Yeah...aren't we lucky. Highest gas tax in the nation last I knew. And we just say "well...at least it's not $4.00". Love where I live...hate this kind of thing.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
There is no road tax on off road fuel though you would never know it. Yesterday Reg was 2.95 and over road diesel was 3.15. I figure off road is about 2.75 now. Have a blue drum set up like that as well, but the inline filter is something I really need to put on, the crank pump came from HF

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I understand there is no tax on off road diesel. What accounts for the price difference of, "$2.05 for off road diesel vs. $3.09 at the pump?" if he's not comparing off road to on road taxed fuel?

Gas here is like $2.55 range. On road diesel is $2.65. I bought some off road 10 days ago at $1.97. But I'm in Kansas!!!:D