Show me your Refueling Setup

Gene Blister

Equipment
2019 Kubota B2601, FAL LA435, Snow Blower BX2822A, Land Pride rear blade RB1572
Aug 4, 2019
Cocolalla, Idaho
I have a rotary pump with filters and the hose running from a 55gal. drum. The whole assembly is direct threaded into the drums 2”bung. All well and good until it’s time to fill the barrel back up. Is there a coupling that can join the pumps male threads to the barrels female threads so they can be separated without turning the whole pump structure?
Something like a union fitting?

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Yes probably
Look for a male-female union or a female-female used with a pipe nipple into the drum

Gene Blister

Equipment
2019 Kubota B2601, FAL LA435, Snow Blower BX2822A, Land Pride rear blade RB1572
Aug 4, 2019
Cocolalla, Idaho
T
Yes probably
Look for a male-female union or a female-female used with a pipe nipple into the drum
Yep, thats it. I’ve used similar in pvc for irrigation and pool pump quick disconnect, just couldn’t wrap my head around iron pipe. Thanks!

bx tractorjoe

Equipment
kubota l2501 upgraded from a bx23s john deere 670 husquarvana huv 4421 gxp
Jun 3, 2020
loxahatchee flordia
I have these two 30 gallon transfer tanks, will pump out, and in.. and a towable diesel generator light tower with a 60 gallon tank that doubles as a mobile fuel tank when I'm running low will fill up the two 30 gallon tanks and go fill up the light tower along with 5, 5 gallon diesel cans..

Attachments

forky

Equipment
L2501 HST 4X4 8N
Feb 23, 2021
Wisconsin
How long will diesel fuel keep? I no longer have a fuel oil boiler in the house...however I have prolly 300 gallons of #2 fuel oil in my buried tank next to the house foundation. I was going to offer it to a shop that burns waste oil in their shop furnace. Just wondering how long it is still useful?

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Just some quick searches says 6-12 months unless it’s been treated. The better question is how can you tell if it is still good or not. Luckily, you don’t have new model, but you’d probably still want very good filters after you treat it before adding to your tank.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
A while back I posted about a smaller fuel can to fill my tractor:
I now have an addition that makes it even better:
I tried one, and that was better, but now I have two on the hose, and it works great.
IMG_0001.JPG IMG_0002.JPG

DueEast

Equipment
L2501 HST 4WD
Mar 9, 2021
Washington
I found a 30 gallon transfer tank toolbox on CL for $40. It came with a small automotive fuel pump that was used to pump into a trucks main fuel tank. I’m thinking the pump it came with won’t be strong enough to use as a fuel station so I am looking for something different. Anyone have suggestions for an inexpensive pump?

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
How long will diesel fuel keep? I no longer have a fuel oil boiler in the house...however I have prolly 300 gallons of #2 fuel oil in my buried tank next to the house foundation. I was going to offer it to a shop that burns waste oil in their shop furnace. Just wondering how long it is still useful?
Home heating oil isn't like gasoline, and in theory it never goes bad. If it has been exposed to a lot of moisture, the water will fall to the bottom of the tank, and it will rust out the tank causing you a lot of expense that isn't covered by homeowners insurance. I would get the oil out of the tank and then have the tank removed. If it has already leaked, the remedial action is going to be very expensive. Sometimes oil will get bacteria growing in it, but that can be filtered out by circulation through filters. It is rare, and I have used old heating oil in my tractor without any harm. Sometimes a search of the internet for information is tainted by opinion more than fact. Gasoline goes stale, but fuel oil doesn't. I personally know of a tank that was forgotten and was full of fuel oil that was extremely old, and was pumped out when the tank was discovered, and then pumped into the owners home tank, and he never had any issues with his oil burner, or using it in his tractor. He did run it through a filtering system as a precaution, which consisted of a pre filter canister on the fuel lines.

Reactions: 1 user

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I have these two 30 gallon transfer tanks, will pump out, and in.. and a towable diesel generator light tower with a 60 gallon tank that doubles as a mobile fuel tank when I'm running low will fill up the two 30 gallon tanks and go fill up the light tower along with 5, 5 gallon diesel cans..
these tanks are really nice!
I could envision welding wings halfway up the side allowing them to be lifted with forks. I will have to keep my eyes out for one of these

Reactions: 1 user

ddavis83864

Equipment
Kubota Grand L6060
Mar 3, 2021
I built a sturdy pallet from treated material and mounted a transfer tank on it. Makes it easy to put on the back of my truck to run into town and refill with red dye Ag diesel. Bought a Fill-Rite 15gpm pump, plumbed in sediment/water filters both and put a long cord on it that plugs into the Kubota when I need to refuel. Works great and no more stinkin' gas jugs.

This is genius! I am going to copy this idea.

Thank you!