Show me your Refueling Setup

Flienlow

Equipment
Kubota BX25D, Kubota U25 mini EX, SVL75,Landpride Grapple,Landpride grading scra
Mar 9, 2015
snohomish
It appears that I am rapidly out growing my 6 gal VPS fuel jug. To be honest, I had no idea how much fuel my U25 would use, and thought it would fall with in the range of the BX25 a little where you refuel every couple of days or so. That is not the case, and I could easily refuel this machine twice a day given the work load. That coupled by the BX, it is time for me to consider semi-Bulk fuel import. My Neighbor (with all his fanciness,) has a really nice truck mounted fuel unit, However, I don't need to drag fuel to my office and on Costco runs with the family. I also don't want to lose my bed cover on the truck. At this point, I am thinking about buying a 55gal barrel and putting a hand pump on it, But would like to see what others are doing for ideas.

countrynerd

Equipment
BX25D, L3301
Jun 6, 2016
thumb, MI, USA
50 gallon TSC square tank with hand rotary pump. That is for BX... But use BX for power generator if power out so in winter can last two days without going for more fuel during storm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
5 Gal military fuel can. Lift it up onto hood. Supergiggler Fuel line to transfer fuel. The secret is to plan ahead and have a thing or three to do while it transfers fuel. Oh and another secret is to keep checking fuel level.

One thing I like about them is junk in your fuel storage tank.... stays there.

New ones are faster though and I see now there is a bigger one available for even faster transfer

TexasBoy

Equipment
Kubota M7060 HDC12 & L4600DT
Dec 11, 2013
Central Texas
I built a sturdy pallet from treated material and mounted a transfer tank on it. Makes it easy to put on the back of my truck to run into town and refill with red dye Ag diesel. Bought a Fill-Rite 15gpm pump, plumbed in sediment/water filters both and put a long cord on it that plugs into the Kubota when I need to refuel. Works great and no more stinkin' gas jugs.

Reactions: 6 users

Flienlow

Equipment
Kubota BX25D, Kubota U25 mini EX, SVL75,Landpride Grapple,Landpride grading scra
Mar 9, 2015
snohomish
I built a sturdy pallet from treated material and mounted a transfer tank on it. Makes it easy to put on the back of my truck to run into town and refill with red dye Ag diesel. Bought a Fill-Rite 15gpm pump, plumbed in sediment/water filters both and put a long cord on it that plugs into the Kubota when I need to refuel. Works great and no more stinkin' gas jugs.

This is why I make stupid posts. That is a nice Setup!

gk527

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Apr 6, 2017
Central Kentucky
50 gallon TSC square tank with hand rotary pump. That is for BX... But use BX for power generator if power out so in winter can last two days without going for more fuel during storm

I know this thread is about refueling, but this post about using his BX for a power generator has me interested. How are you doing this?

I'm in the process of building a house and have been going back and forth on prewiring for a generator.

Flienlow

Equipment
Mar 9, 2015
snohomish
I know this thread is about refueling, but this post about using his BX for a power generator has me interested. How are you doing this?

I'm in the process of building a house and have been going back and forth on prewiring for a generator.
Probably a PTO generator.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/category_generators+pto-generators

Pros: if you use your tractor, you know it will always start, and will be maintained and you wont need to keep up a Generator.

Cons: It will rack up your engine hours just to make energy
A small BX will work, but doesn't have enough output for most PTO generator Max outputs.

gk527

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Apr 6, 2017
Central Kentucky

Pros: if you use your tractor, you know it will always start, and will be maintained and you wont need to keep up a Generator.

A small BX will work, but doesn't have enough output for most PTO generator Max outputs.
I google'd this after I asked. I wasn't aware PTO generators existed. I've got a B2650 that's rated at 19HP at the PTO.

For someone like me where the power might go out once a year due to ice for a day or so, the PTO generator might be ideal for me. If I was in an area where power went out every time it snowed, then a dedicated diesel generator would be better.

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
OK

Just a wild idea so don't blast me too hard....

I've got a 165 gal. home heating oil tank for the garage furnace.... 165 lasts about 2 seasons.. so I always have plenty to spare....

anyone run home heating oil or off road diesel in their Kub?

Or should I stick to ULSD?

I HAVE run it in my powerstroke diesel with no problems.... not often.... just a few times to test it....

no prob. but I run external canister filters on the P. stroke... pre/post pump.

Flienlow

Equipment
Mar 9, 2015
snohomish
OK

Just a wild idea so don't blast me too hard....

I've got a 165 gal. home heating oil tank for the garage furnace.... 165 lasts about 2 seasons.. so I always have plenty to spare....

anyone run home heating oil or off road diesel in their Kub?

Or should I stick to ULSD?

I HAVE run it in my powerstroke diesel with no problems.... not often.... just a few times to test it....

no prob. but I run external canister filters on the P. stroke... pre/post pump.
I run off road diesel exclusively.

bxray

Equipment
Bx25d
Dec 1, 2014
Cleveland, ohio
Off road should be the same as on road just with die to say no road tax was paid.

It would mark your filter and then you get a $10,000.00 fine.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
John T, a few years ago when diesel was $4.50 or so, I noticed on Craig's List a guy had a tank of heating oil for sale. He was located on the edge of K.C, but had farmers all around him.

I gave him a call and asked what he had, what he wanted for it, and why he was selling it.

He had heating oil in a tank on the outside of his home. He had trouble with his furnace and could not find anyone to service it. He bought a new furnace and it was propane.

I brought three 55 gal. barrels and a 12v. pump. Paid him .90 a gallon and took it all. He asked me as, I was pumping, what I was going to do with it. When I told him using it in my tractors he had that look of bewilderment.

I did that one other time when fuel prices were crazy. That guy had 2 round tanks stacked in his basement. I pumped out the fuel and had to take the tanks. I got everything for my labor. Used the fuel, sold the tanks.

Some folks can't see past the label!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

countrynerd

Equipment
BX25D, L3301
Jun 6, 2016
thumb, MI, USA

That is the one the ~$1000 one! Works great ran 3 days straight this last winter. Hours don't bother me tractors are made to work and diesel engines like running in my mind.

Also like that generator because is brushless motor. Last longer...

Last edited:

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
I did more or less the same thing that TexasBoy did.

So do you guys get someone to come out to your ranch and fill those large tanks?
I was thinking about mounting a tank of diesel and one of gasoline on a trailer, just to have it more accessible ant to keep from going to town as much, just for more fuel

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
John T, a few years ago when diesel was $4.50 or so, I noticed on Craig's List a guy had a tank of heating oil for sale. He was located on the edge of K.C, but had farmers all around him.

I gave him a call and asked what he had, what he wanted for it, and why he was selling it.

He had heating oil in a tank on the outside of his home. He had trouble with his furnace and could not find anyone to service it. He bought a new furnace and it was propane.

I brought three 55 gal. barrels and a 12v. pump. Paid him .90 a gallon and took it all. He asked me as, I was pumping, what I was going to do with it. When I told him using it in my tractors he had that look of bewilderment.

I did that one other time when fuel prices were crazy. That guy had 2 round tanks stacked in his basement. I pumped out the fuel and had to take the tanks. I got everything for my labor. Used the fuel, sold the tanks.

Some folks can't see past the label!!
Good to know,
yeah I kinda figured it's all pretty much the same....

It's the "new" ultra low sulfur ONLY stickers they put on the new machines/trucks... that got me worried...

but I don't think my tractor would know the difference... It's more an EPA thing...

Sammy3700

Equipment
L3800HST,524Loader,BH77,Landplane,Disk,Mowers and more
Feb 20, 2012
Red Springs, NC
I am in NC not sure about summer vs winter grades other than reading on here. My friend that runs the local Exxon distribution office told me the only difference is what others said RED no road tax GREEN is taxed. They are both ultra low and either will work in a tractor.