Ear Candy...

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yeah well someone has to make Y'all smile a little bit :)

Reactions: 1 user

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Skeets posted Deep Purple....many years ago I met Ronny Dio several times. His cousin was a waitress I worked with.

He wasn't in Deep Purple, but his band Elf opened for them. Then with Ritchie Blackmore formed Rainbow. Also did a stint with Black Sabbath replacing Ozzy Osbourne.

He seemed a pretty decent, regular guy.

Back to your regular programming.... :cool:

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Skeets posted Deep Purple....many years ago I met Ronny Dio several times. His cousin was a waitress I worked with.

He wasn't in Deep Purple, but his band Elf opened for them. Then with Ritchie Blackmore formed Rainbow. Also did a stint with Black Sabbath replacing Ozzy Osbourne.

He seemed a pretty decent, regular guy.

Back to your regular programming.... :cool:
That's pretty cool, should have got an autograph.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
That's pretty cool, should have got an autograph.
Never crossed my mind until now.... :rolleyes:

Funny part was at the time I had some of his cassettes in my truck... the song "Man on the Silver Mountain" by Rainbow was a favorite. I think the album was just titled Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow.... Had some 'Sabbath as well.

I was just a redneck former farm-boy cooking in the kitchen in the "city"....

He stopped in the back door to visit his cousin periodically...very unassuming. Little guy that got hit with the ugly stick pretty hard... :oops:

There I met Grateful Dead, Cheap Trick, Steve Miserack (sp?, pool shark), Walt Frazier (BB player). The first 3 were PITA's, Frazier was cool - nice guy.

Another cool guy was Carmen Basilio, former boxer-turned italian sausage maker. He used to stop at another place I worked, and hang in the bar a little. I ran a catering business each summer, and would go through about 5-10 tons of his product in 6 months.....

Didn't get any of their autographs either......:oops:

Last edited:

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Never crossed my mind until now.... :rolleyes:

Funny part was at the time I had some of his cassettes in my truck... the song "Man on the Silver Mountain" by Rainbow was a favorite. I think the album was just titled Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow.... Had some 'Sabbath as well.

I was just a redneck former farm-boy cooking in the kitchen in the "city"....

He stopped in the back door to visit his cousin periodically...very unassuming. Little guy that got hit with the ugly stick pretty hard... :oops:

There I met Grateful Dead, Cheap Trick, Steve Miserack (sp?, pool shark), Walt Frazier (BB player). The first 3 were PITA's, Frazier was cool - nice guy.

Another cool guy was Carmen Basilio, former boxer-turned italian sausage maker. He used to stop at another place I worked, and hang in the bar a little. I ran a catering business each summer, and would go through about 5-10 tons of his product in 6 months.....

Didn't get any of their autographs either......:oops:
Yep, back then none of us were too concerned about the future, pretty darn cool though.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OH man, way back in the day, my cousin worked at the local TV station in the Burgh. And on Saturdays they had a Bandstand type gig. Well she always knew who was comming, and all the shows were live, so you know how long ago that was, not taped. I got to meet the Drifters and the Temps and a few other groups,, was kinda cool for a young kid. And like you say none of us thought about tomorrow, I think some of those autographs might be worth a few bucks today ,, who knew? Thanks for reminding of those glory days,, time passes to quickly

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
OH man, way back in the day, my cousin worked at the local TV station in the Burgh. And on Saturdays they had a Bandstand type gig. Well she always knew who was comming, and all the shows were live, so you know how long ago that was, not taped. I got to meet the Drifters and the Temps and a few other groups,, was kinda cool for a young kid. And like you say none of us thought about tomorrow, I think some of those autographs might be worth a few bucks today ,, who knew? Thanks for reminding of those glory days,, time passes to quickly