BX2200 only runs when holding on key in start position

orantractor

May 2, 2017
lombard
I have a BX2200 with about 1200 hours has had some problem today. I had to jump start this morning. After running about 1 hour, I stopped the engine and it wouldn't start again. I just put on a new battery and it started and ran as long as I hold on the key at start position. The engine shut off as soon as I release the key. When engine stops, there is a sound of gas discharging. I tried with a 2nd key and the result is the same. What could be the problem?

a few weeks before, I found the battery had ran out and the turn signal lights were all on, but there was no key in the switch. I am not sure if this is related to the problem today.

Last edited:

mike paulson

Jan 11, 2012
ulster, NY
Sounds like a bad ignition switch. Something shutting down in the key on engine run position shorting to the engine off position shutting off the injection pump solenoid

orantractor

May 2, 2017
lombard
I replaced all the 4 fuses on manual and it can start and keep running now. I may short the fuel line (under seat) by accident and burned the fuse for solenoid.

mike paulson

Jan 11, 2012
ulster, NY
I replaced all the 4 fuses on manual and it can start and keep running now. I may short the fuel line (under seat) by accident and burned the fuse for solenoid.
We're the fuses blown? If they were blown and your problem is gone then that's great, you found your problem. If it happens again check or replace your key switch.

ehenry

Equipment
BX22, FEL, BH, 40" pto tiller, 42" Bushog Squealer, pto hole digger, B7300 w/60"
Mar 25, 2014
Canton, MS
If i'm not mistaken the two wires under the seat are for a light. They can be plugged in to one another and when they are your tractor will do exactly what you experienced.

Ask me how I know...