anybody here got a hook up?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well I'll be darned,,, but the way I read it you could put a sidebyside with a dump box on the roadway and be legal, as long as the speed limit was under 35.. Looks like a neat little truck though

SRG

Equipment
B8200D 4WD........ JD 870, FWA, 300x FEL.......... JD 797, 72" Z-Trak
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
YES its 4wd with 4hi/lo & 2hi/lo PLUS rear Diff lock!

the only drawback ive found so far is that it doesnt have the suspension travel of a RZR/rhino/4hweeler.

if you are on a rough or washboard surface? it wants to buck... beating you against the headrests... so sit loose & forward on rough climbs.

the turning is something i gotta get used to, the front wheels are literally under your a$$. so it turns TIGHT!

SKEETS:
HERE is the Ohio special code/law passed on Mini's: http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/4511.215
The mental picture of someone wheeling one of those like a side by side, cracks me up.
Pretty neat little truck tho. I bet it's a handy little thing.

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
thanks guys!

SKeets: yeah it seems the mini trucks were targeted in particular.

like a ATV/UTV... you can do secondary/gravel & less than 35mph roads with the farm use tag.

that would be great, vut the road in front of my farm is a 45mph road.

gonna talk to the Sta-Po & my sheriff & see which way they would be happy with.

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
thanks for bumping my thread & letting me know what you found fellow buckeyes! appr'd it!

so heres the one i picked up:

turns out we have lots of "mini truck laws" in ohio that were put into place 1-1-17 just for mini trucks!! sigh.

If any of you need info on that let me know.

to sum it up quickly? you will be better off to just run a orange triangle or farm use tag & follow those rules.

good news? this little booger is AWESOME on our trails & hills at our little place. its already went everywhere the Rhino went & lots of places the tractor couldnt!

got a sweet deal(so far) on this one. EVERYTHING works! including the A/C!!

YES it has A/C!! already got the 2" lift kit on it, overload springs & 6ply tires/rims.

gonna give it a tune up & new valve cover gasket.. probably install a tach.

fun fun fun!

now if i can get that grapple set up on my tractor? then i can put the brush on the back of this & haul it to my burn pile!

******EDIT NOTE***** hey the one you posted is a Sambar version. those have a great engine in them & are the "faster" models.. they also have more room in the cab as the motor is all the way in the back end. Drawback is lots of people say they dont go quite as good in the muck because of where all the weight is sitting on the rear wheels & then so is the load.
That little thing looks like fun. What's the GVW on it?

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
IF im reading the correct part of the tag?

1360lbs is GVW.

my daughter is having to translate for me on some of the stuff thats not engrish friendly.

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
If you can get by with 2wd?

thats a friggin steal of a deal around where i live!

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
got a little garage time on the Mini...

oil change, filter, air filter, fuel filter, new valve cover gasket, wires, plugs, cap, button...

gave setting the timing a good whirl. got it pretty close & that made a huge difference in how it runs & the power range.

now if i could jsut get that carb adjusted...

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
D2Cat:

was hoping one of the guys/gals here were familiar with this engine. Its a very popular motor that is in lots of snowmobiles.. ALL of these mini trucks & cars.

its an F6A 660cc 3 cyl water cooled, carbed edition. around 48hp

i got several good print outs on the carb, but holy hell that thing has a bazillion vacumn lines & 4 or 5 different idle settings. fast idle, slow idle, accessory idle, main idle, choke opening, choke idle & then a fuel mixture screw.

seems that every single one of these settings was dependent on getting the timing right. LOL which is then different again from fine tuning on the carb.

it also has vac advanced timing & then vac lines to the transfer case, both diffs & hell ive not even scratched the surface of where they all go.

guess the main thing is just need someone familiar with the F6a engine.

ive got 40' of 3mm vac line coming so i can start replacing any that are brittle 1 at a time...

the real thing thats a hold up is that it is a very hard starter when cold. figured that was those choke controls & settings.

once it warms up? (which only takes a couple minutes) then it idles & runs fine on those other idle control settings. its just that initial start up.

got a manual on the way, but practical experience always beats a book.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I never was aware of these things until this thread.....

Lo and behold I see a car transport truck on my way home from work today, and 2 of the 4 vehicles on it are those little things. (and they ARE little!)

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
Having a lot of fun with it so far & learning all kinds of new stuff at the same time.

Got my front hitch on the way, will ad pix after it's on.