Anyone made an LED light bar holder?

Skinny22

Equipment
B2601
Apr 7, 2019
Nekoosa, WI, USA
I'm looking at building a bolt on bracket for a forward and rear facing LED light bar that bolts to the rops on my new B2601. Has anyone here made bracket that bolts on to the rops? If so, can I see what you did? Thanks in advance!

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
What ever you do, don't drill holes in the ROPS. Use 'U' bolts to secure it. Drilling holes in the roll over protective structure weakens it and if you do roll the tractor it could fail.

I think if you look at it, you'll find a sticker on it that alludes to that fact

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'm looking at building a bolt on bracket for a forward and rear facing LED light bar that bolts to the rops on my new B2601. Has anyone here made bracket that bolts on to the rops? If so, can I see what you did? Thanks in advance!
Just search the site, several have done it. ;)

Skinny22

Equipment
B2601
Apr 7, 2019
Nekoosa, WI, USA
What ever you do, don't drill holes in the ROPS. Use 'U' bolts to secure it. Drilling holes in the roll over protective structure weakens it and if you do roll the tractor it could fail.

I think if you look at it, you'll find a sticker on it that alludes to that fact
I had already planned that, but thanks for the info.

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
C349D786-C0A1-4C41-9B5A-978A26C58BDE.jpg
I just got a roll of electrical tape and put a couple wraps on the ROPS where the brackets mount, for grip. Then cranked down a metal hose clamp on each base and it holds a light bar perfectly. If I need to change or move for any reason, it could be done in 2 minutes. You can get light bars with wiring and switches for under $30. on line now.
I have had this 20” light for a few years and have gone thru trees, branches etc, no problems what so ever. I just tie wrapped the wiring loom inside the ROPS too

frysl

Equipment
L3301 LA525 FEL & FDR1672 6' Finish Mower
Jun 13, 2016
Sumner County, TN
Funny, I was just fixin to post about this.
I made an LED light bar and attached it with U bolts from Lowe’s, cost about $2.50 each. Fit perfectly around the ROPS.
I initially used aluminum angle, but it would vibrate a bit, so I swapped it out for a steel 1.5” angle. That was about $15. I bought a pair of 12” LEDS on eBay for $22, and a pre made wiring harness for another $9.
I had a piece of angle aluminum that I mounted to the warning triangle mount and placed the ON/OFF switch and relay there.
I just used tie wraps to bundle up the excess wiring and ran the POS and NEG up to the battery inside of conduit and used a set of battery clamps so that I can disconnect when not in use.
I mounted both sets on the horizontal, but may move the light pointed rearward to the vertical so I can point the light down farther to get more light on the 3 point area.

Attachments

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
My cab had angle iron mounts for the lights. I mounted a T-slot aluminum rail between the mounts and all the lights are connected to that T-slot rail. I like using T-slot rails because they provide a lot more mounting and adjustment options.

Sorry I dont have any closeup pictures handy but if you zoom in on the title image on my blog page you can just make it out.

http://divergentstuff.ca/index.php/2017/10/19/laurin-eclipse-cab-install-for-my-kubota-m59/