losing rpm when pto on

GeoBx2680

Equipment
FEL, 60" mower, 60" plow, Pallet Forks, 50" snowblower Front mount
Oct 8, 2018
Mn USA
So I'm out snow blowing tractor will run fine for a while then all sudden it starts to lose power (like its loading up on fuel)not burning clean smokey. I disengage the pto drop idle down sit there for 2-3 minutes it will smooth back out and run fine. Does this 2-3 times in the 2 hours it take to clear the driveway.

Any thoughts

I did read little about covering the screens little to keep th cold air from coming in tried that doesn't seem to make a difference

GeoBx2680

Equipment
Oct 8, 2018
Mn USA
I didn't check that.

I wasnt getting much snow dust tonight though.

Where does it pull air in from? what area ? guess I could go out and look around to

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I’m not sure on the bx where the air filter inlet is as I believe that engine is mounted “backwards”. Maybe some bx owners will chime in.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Have you treated your fuel for winter?
You sound like you could be gelling in the cold.

GeoBx2680

Equipment
Oct 8, 2018
Mn USA
air crosses radiator from by your feet.

I just went out looked it over little. air intake is next to the radiator cap under the hood just in front of steering wheel. Dry as a bone

Yes North wolf
I use Howes 2-3 oz to 5 gallon. I did just add fuel this week maybe it bad. I do go to the busier gas. station that more semis- trucks use. did say winter blend to

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
air crosses radiator from by your feet.

I just went out looked it over little. air intake is next to the radiator cap under the hood just in front of steering wheel. Dry as a bone

Yes North wolf
I use Howes 2-3 oz to 5 gallon. I did just add fuel this week maybe it bad. I do go to the busier gas. station that more semis- trucks use. did say winter blend to
Open up the air box and inspect the filter element for moisture.

SDT

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
When was the last time you changed both fuel filters?

Another thing that could be happening is a venting issue with the fuel cap, when it does it again crack the fuel cap a little and see if it returns to normal, if it does the cap vent is clogged.

One other semi common issue with the BX's is something in the tank floating around blocking fuel flow in the outlet.

GeoBx2680

Equipment
Oct 8, 2018
Mn USA
SDT --- there was no moisture in air box when I looked last night

NIW----I have 97 hours on it had the 50 hour maintenance back in August. Id think that those would have been changed. Vent on fuel cap I'll have to pay attention to next time. I know when I brush the snow off when I'm done there is a lite dust of snow on everything

Kevin1

Equipment
Husqvarna MZT 52, BX2380,FEL, Box blade, Landscape Rake
Dec 15, 2017
New Bern, N.C.
SDT --- there was no moisture in air box when I looked last night

NIW----I have 97 hours on it had the 50 hour maintenance back in August. Id think that those would have been changed. Vent on fuel cap I'll have to pay attention to next time. I know when I brush the snow off when I'm done there is a lite dust of snow on everything
I have a 2380 and the manual does say to replace at 50 hours, so if a shop did the 50hr service there is a good chance they did not replace them. I did my own 50 hour and replaced both. I found the first filter coming off the fuel tank to be a bit dirty.