kubota l 295 dt

kubota l 295 dt

Equipment
kubota l295 dt loader, scraper
Dec 8, 2010
prunedale, ca.
Hi, just purchased kubota L 295 DT anyone familiar with these are they a good tractor? has a loader and box scraper. it does not have power steering, are their power steering kits available or is it not necessary. love to here opinions and any help or vises about tractor. It will be used around small farm. Thanks Jeff!

fj40dave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LA534, BH77, TPD35, RCF2060, BB1566, RGA1258
Sep 24, 2009
Yelm, WA
Welcome aboard :)

I just rebuilt the motor on a L295DT.....there is a thread (search: L295DT in this forum) for some info and pictures.

It has power steering, so there is that option for you. I could get the information about the set-up, but it looked pretty easy to install.

Go through it completly......change the fluids and filters and make sure everything is ready for use.
I would lube the throw-out bearing. I found the TO bearing had never been serviced on the rebuild I did....and was not in the best shape. There is a access plate on the clutch housing on the right side (as you're sitting on the tractor)

Post a picture of it.....let's see the new addition to the farm!

Dave

Attachments

Last edited:

kubota l 295 dt

Equipment
Dec 8, 2010
prunedale, ca.
Dave, thanks for getting back to me and also the great info, the sheet metals a little ruff and some small fluid leaks in both loader rams, so far so good she seems to run fine and everything seems to operate fine. iwill take a look at your post and will post some pics as soon as i can figure out how. all for now . Many thanks Jeff!

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Power steering is not necessary and just something else to Have problems with. Your steering box has a 1/8 pipe plug in it, remove it and fill with gear oil. Will make it a little easier to steer and last a lot longer.
Don't forget to change the gear oil in the 2 front hub assemblies.
Add a temp guage, seems to be a lot of problems overheating and cracking the heads, not an expence you want to have.

danielscores

Equipment
1980 Kubota L295DT
Dec 24, 2010
Corbin City, NJ
Just purchased an L295DT for $6,000. Everything is running well. Took it for a spin today. Only problem was it would not turn off. I looked at some posts and narrowed it down to relay, wire or fuse. I am going to look at the fuses soon. I am happy so far the seller was very upfront about the work he did and pointed out future potential problems. I do a lot of skidding for my sawmill and was excited about getting all the features (backhoe, PTO) and still have 30HP. I had a Massey Ferguson with 35HP but the clutch went and too expensive to fix.

kubota l 295 dt

Equipment
Dec 8, 2010
prunedale, ca.
Welcome aboard! our tractors have a lever on the right hand just under the fuel cell it connects to the throttle, when you pull up it will kill your engine, glad to see more l 295 dt showing up. We better get some pictures up here soon though.

MDsteve

Equipment
B7100, L225, L295DT
Jun 30, 2010
Forest Hill, MD
It's good to see some of these 295's showing up.....how about a picture of 'em!

Here's the one I just did the rebuild on.
I see your L295DT has turf tires. Just bought one I'm planning to restore that has ag tires, but I'd like to switch to turf with chains. What is the turf tire size configuration?

Thx.

fj40dave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LA534, BH77, TPD35, RCF2060, BB1566, RGA1258
Sep 24, 2009
Yelm, WA
I don't actually own the L295DT....just did the motor rebuild on it - so, getting the tire size will take a E-Mail to the owner for the answer....but I'll get that to ya.

The owner uses his tractor for both commercial (construction) and personal use, so I'm suprised he's left the turf tires on it actually.

I see your L295DT has turf tires. Just bought one I'm planning to restore that has ag tires, but I'd like to switch to turf with chains. What is the turf tire size configuration?

Thx.