Considering a B2650

ctimrun

Jun 18, 2014
Idaho
Looking at getting a B for chores around our 5 acre home and horse property. Was considering a B2620 but then the B2650 (ROPS version) caught my eye. It appears with the research I have done the B2650 doesn't have any of the emissions junk (Is it just the DPF or is there other emissions garbage to consider?) that most of the new tier 4 tractors have on them.

Can anyone with more knowledge than me confirm this to be true? Even though my local dealer seems really good and has quoted good prices the sales guy doesn't know much about the B2650 as he thought it also had a DPF on it.

Almost pulled the trigger but wanted to cool my heals and confirm with those who know before I write a check this big.

Thanks ahead of time.

kc8fbl

Equipment
2014 L3200 HST FEL, 1949 Minneapolis-Moline R
Aug 23, 2012
Gobles, MI
Someone will correct me if i'm wrong, but I thought the 2650 didn't have a DPF on it? I thought it was anything over 26 HP. There are a couple people on here that have the 2650 and i'm sure they will chime in.

I'm sure that tractor will do anything you ask of it. If you can find one still, check out an L3200. The L series doesn't have the mid PTO like the B series does. That may or may not be a factor depending on what you will doing with the tractor. Good luck and enjoy that tractor when you get it! ;)

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
No the 2650 does not have a DPF on it and they are reliable. My dealer ordered mostly 2650's because of that. Said they were having issues with the DPF equipped B3350.

The B 2650 is really nice. It has position control and a few other things that make it nicer than the B2620, but I went with the 2620 because I bought some extra implements with the money I saved in the price difference.

You won't be disappointed.

Ezlife45

Equipment
B2650
Jun 5, 2014
Louisiana
I just bought a B2650 over the B2620 and here's why.
1. It weighs a little bit more than the B2620 - useful when pulling or dragging things because of better traction.
2. 3 pt hitch has higher lifting capacity.
3. FEL has higher lifting capacity
4. Available with a quick release bucket ( I bought pallet forks that I use a lot)
5. Brochure talks about 3rd option valve which I wasn't certain worked on a B2620 - I plan to get a small grapple rake.

I also have 5 acres of mostly wooded lot and the B2650 does not have the DPF, the bigger brother (B3350?) does have the DPF. Oh and they may not still be doing this but I also got 0% financing for 5 years so I went that route too.

Ezlife45

Equipment
B2650
Jun 5, 2014
Louisiana
It's been pretty stable for me, I've been moving a bunch of red clay, and I've run over 10" clay "rocks" that had made me nervous but did just fine.
My land is relatively flat so I can't answer about hills etc.

I do wish the tractor had a little more weight on the back tires though. Better for traction.

ctimrun

Jun 18, 2014
Idaho
Ended up with the B2650 and have already got it filthy getting things done that would have not got done without it. Took a picture after cleaning it up to put it away.....

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Ended up with the B2650 and have already got it filthy getting things done that would have not got done without it. Took a picture after cleaning it up to put it away.....

nice looking ride....have fun playing , shoot ...working with her !:eek:

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
That's a heck of a nice looking rig!!
Don't be surprised about wanting extra weight on the rear wheels - most of us having L3200/3800 tractors want 600-1000lbs ballast on the 3ph if we are doing any loader work...

Ezlife45

Equipment
B2650
Jun 5, 2014
Louisiana
Good choice! I recommend pallet forks too. You will love it. I have 43 hours on mine. Try to avoid the parking brake if you can. I already forgot and drove it with the brake.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
I'm kinda caught now too. I love my B2620 and it's bulletproof simplicity, and I didn't really want a cab, but now I keep looking at the new B2650 cab. Dealer says he would give me most of my money back for the B2620, so have to decide.

I like the position control and left side steering brakes of the 50 series. Still not sure if I would like a cab though.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
itBemine dude up where you are in the GWN, if the man was willing to give me a good deal on the trade in on the 50 and a good price to go with it,,, the other one would be gone like a shot

hdhedges

Equipment
B2650 HST fel land pride BOX BLADE
Sep 1, 2014
Fort Davis, Texas
Having the privilege of operating several sizes of Kubota tractors over the past 10 or so years it was easy for me to finally select a tractor for the property and the job I currently consider to be my most pressing. Living in far west Texas in The Davis Mountains with lots of up and down we carved a home site on the side of a mountain which left a dozer scar behind and above our house. To mitigate the soil erosion that was created behind the house we hired a small dozer to carve a platform about 6.5 ft wide about 100 long and 50 feet above the house. I needed a tractor that could haul 1,100 pounds of rocks up a very steep two track to that platform, cross that narrow platform and turn to dump rocks down hill without a high pucker factor. I also factored in my source of rocks less than a quarter mile away and time it will take to move from point A to point B. Having borrowed my neighbors L4740 HST and taken it on my newly plotted route, It was too much tractor, to high off the ground. Much faster that the B2650 HST. If my source of material was a mile or more away a faster tractor would have been considered.
Water in the rear tires and 4 inch wheel spacers and a land pride 1554 500 lb box blade give me lots of rear traction.
Front traction is easy with 1100 of rocks. The B2650 HST is a little slower than the larger B series Kubotas but it climbs steep grades and sticks to the ground like glue and so far I wouldn't change a thing. I am considering 1.5 or 2 inch front spacers but haven't decided yet. Hope this process helps. Smaller can be better.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
itBemine dude up where you are in the GWN, if the man was willing to give me a good deal on the trade in on the 50 and a good price to go with it,,, the other one would be gone like a shot
Hahaha, yes there are a few rare times in the winter when it is blowing and minus 40*C that I wish I had a cab. But for the most part I like being out in the open. And I don't have to worry about breaking glass in the woods.

We'll see what happens. With the cab I wouldn't have to pick and choose when I want to go out and blow the driveway. I might like that cab as I keep getting older.