New Quick Hitch

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Got my new Braber Equipment/Agri-Ease quick hitch the other day. Went this brand because my dealer sells quite a few and they are exactly half the price of the big name brand ones. It also has the adjustable top link.

Thing that confuses me is their description and that of my Land Pride implements say they are all compatible and no bushings required but as you can see I need them for the bottom link pins. I did get one set with the QH but they can't be used with the clevis type pins on my box blade.

The hitch is the QH1G and it and all my implements are Cat 1.

Attachments

jrslick

Jan 13, 2013
Clay Center, Kansas
That bushing you have showing in the first picture is for 3pt equipment with just pins and not the clevis type hitch. There should be a roll pin that goes through the hitch pin and the bushing to hold it on. Then the quick hitch attaches to that. On the Clevis system, I bought some bushings (look like 1-2 inch piece of pipe) to put over the pen, or just left them alone. As long as they can't slip out, I dont see it as an issue.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Thanks for the reply. But I did say in my post those bushings don't work with the clevis pins.
I need to order some 2 inch long ones for those now. Just wish I knew that when I ordered the hitch. Now I have to wait again.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Sorry, but I don't like it. I see you are struck with having to use that hook at the top link area. Some of my stuff needs a chunk of steel strap set in a vertical position so horizontal pins go thru it, due to no access from below for the hook. Harbor freight has my buck for three of theirs.

Attachments

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
It's my first small tractor, so I'm still learning. But it works for me as all my implements are Land Pride except for the Wallenstein chipper/shredder.

aeblank

Jun 19, 2013
Cadillac, MI
You're doing fine. Shouldn't have to wait. Go to tractor supply or equivalent. "everyone" should have them. Or cut down the ones you have!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Thanks. The cheap (poor) side of me just didn't want to cut the long ones because they are $16 each versus $3 for the ones I need. (remember, I'm in Canada, the land of paying double for everything.) Dealer was out but he is ordering more.

But I'll check TSC tomorrow. We have one, but they don't stock much.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sorry, but I don't like it. I see you are struck with having to use that hook at the top link area. Some of my stuff needs a chunk of steel strap set in a vertical position so horizontal pins go thru it, due to no access from below for the hook. Harbor freight has my buck for three of theirs.
UMMM.. You do realize your just missing the hook attachment for your Quick hitch right. :confused:
Those holes are not meant to attach an implements top link to.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Wolfman: In answer to you. Of course I realize what those holes are for. I have three hooks sitting idly by for a rare use. I find using the top link connection made from scrap strap is much easier than fooling with the hooks for the attachments where simple moving to the attachment and lifting does not work, due to the obstruction there on the attachment. Been at this stuff for some 20 years, mostly blue however.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Maybe it's the implements I use, but I have no issues with the hook. I just back in, lift and lock the handles. There is an optional floating top link piece I can get, but don't have any implements that need a floating top link.