HST creeping forward

zin01

Sep 8, 2016
Royse City
On my B2650 my HST pedal will creep forward moving the tractor forward. I've sprayed it with WD-40 and it seems to help it not creep forward for a little bit. I thought I just got mud in the spring or something but now I am wondering if it's an adjustment I need to make. The tractor has about 125 hours on it and I bought it new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
If it's still under warranty, I would call the dealer and talk to the service department about it.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Agree with BAP, if under warrant have the dealer work on it, if not, first put the WD-40 back on the shelf, it's not a good lube or rust breaker.
Go get a good lube and rust breaker like PB blaster.
Look of the below diagram and check your linkage for binding / sticking points.

Attachments

zin01

Sep 8, 2016
Royse City
Yeah I need to get some PB blaster. I wonder if that little indent on the neutral holder has some mud or something on it keeping it from sitting in there. Thank you for the diagram I'll look at that tonight.

CharlieFoxtrot

Equipment
B2650
Dec 8, 2016
Northeast
My 2650 has only 50 hours and I have this same problem. In fact, I came here to post about it and ask for help and I saw your thread. I am going to see if I can figure it out using the diagram posted by NIW. If it looks like I might do more harm than good, I will just call my dealer.

Let me know if you find a solution.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
When my comparatively ancient B7100 was doing that, it required a touch more tension on the centering spring. I don't know if your much newer springs could have started fatiguing yet, but it might be worth a look.

zin01

Sep 8, 2016
Royse City
My 2650 has only 50 hours and I have this same problem. In fact, I came here to post about it and ask for help and I saw your thread. I am going to see if I can figure it out using the diagram posted by NIW. If it looks like I might do more harm than good, I will just call my dealer.

Let me know if you find a solution.

Yeah I called my dealer yesterday and there mechanic was out. It I will call later this afternoon. I did look to see if there was mud or dirt in the neutral poison indent and there was not so that wasn't it. Let me know what you find out. Also nothing seemed to be binding.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Have you noticed if the seat safety switch works when it is creeping forward? The reason I ask is that I have developed the bad habit, because my L3560 is rock solid with its hst, of getting off without setting brake or changing range to neutral. If the 2650s can roll that means that would be a really bad idea when opening gates. Hate to be run over by my own 2650 :eek:

CharlieFoxtrot

Equipment
B2650
Dec 8, 2016
Northeast
Have you noticed if the seat safety switch works when it is creeping forward? The reason I ask is that I have developed the bad habit, because my L3560 is rock solid with its hst, of getting off without setting brake or changing range to neutral. If the 2650s can roll that means that would be a really bad idea when opening gates. Hate to be run over by my own 2650 :eek:
The seat switch still works when it creeps and will shut down the engine if I leave the seat.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Thanks! Good to know. Not that I shouldnt cultivate better habits:rolleyes:

zin01

Sep 8, 2016
Royse City
I have to admit I have the seat switch "over ridden" so sometimes if I'm trying to hook up something to the 3 point it will start walking away.

tcrote5516

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, 50" Front Blower, Heated Cab, 6' blade, 3pt carry all, 3pt hitch
Sep 2, 2014
Southern New Hampshire
Don't get me wrong, I really love my BX but this pedal issue is a serious problem that should have already been addressed. I can't believe people haven't been killed or seriously injured. Unfortunately I think that's going to have to happen before Kubota steps up to the plate with a recall and a proper fix.

NEPA Guy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC, Spacers, FEL, BH, Snowblower, Snowplow, PBar, Forks
Nov 28, 2015
Pennsyltucky
Mine does the same thing. It's a very very slow creep when it's in gear. I thought it was normal. If I drop my front implement to the ground (I float it) it stops.

CharlieFoxtrot

Equipment
B2650
Dec 8, 2016
Northeast
Mine does the same thing. It's a very very slow creep when it's in gear. I thought it was normal. If I drop my front implement to the ground (I float it) it stops.
I don't like that idea. It is like putting on the parking brake and pressing in the HST pedal -- it can't be good for the machine. I would prefer to et this problem fixed, especially considering the safety risk.

Ramos

Equipment
1870-1, LA203A, RCK54
Feb 25, 2016
Sherman County, Oregon
Not to ruffle any feathers but, this sounds to me like a periodic maintenance issue. Just something that needs adjusted from time to time. I am referring to the centering spring adjustment and adequate lubrication of the pivot point using the grease zerk.

rbargeron

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L5450, L48, L3250, L345 never enough attachments
Jul 6, 2015
western ma
Damper #8 could be causing the creeping.

The damper has 2 opposed gas-filled spring chambers that soften shifts and center the linkage in neutral. If one side's gas leaks out (common failure) the damper is unbalanced and favors one direction.

Disconnect the damper and see if it comes to rest in the centered position. If not, there's no fix - replace it.

Last edited:

NEPA Guy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC, Spacers, FEL, BH, Snowblower, Snowplow, PBar, Forks
Nov 28, 2015
Pennsyltucky
I don't like that idea. It is like putting on the parking brake and pressing in the HST pedal -- it can't be good for the machine. I would prefer to et this problem fixed, especially considering the safety risk.
I'd like to hear your results once you get it worked out. I can bring it up next time I bring mine in.

Coincidentally, when I leave my seat it still runs. The engine only stalls out when the pto is engaged and I lean up to get a closer look at the ground in some spots when I'm blowing snow.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
A while back my B2650 HST pedal was getting just a touch sticky, not coming completely back to neutral position. All it took was to lube up all the linkage and pivot points that Wolfman posted for everybody, and it is as good as new. Keeping a little lube on all the levers and linkages and pivot points really helps everything.

CharlieFoxtrot

Equipment
B2650
Dec 8, 2016
Northeast
So I crawled under the tractor yesterday evening after putting the snowblower back on because we are expecting over a foot of snow as an April Fools joke.

I couldn't get to the entire linkage mechanism and realized that I will have to remove the foot mat and some other parts. Not having the time for that, I spray lubed what I could get to and worked the pedal a few dozen times. Unfortunately, it had no effect on the creeping issue.

It seemed like either the damper was not soft enough or that one of the springs was not pulling the pedal back hard enough, but I won't be able to tell for sure until I can take it apart. It could also be a problem with the roller/neutral holder interface but there is no way to get at that from under the tractor.

I will have to wait until the snow is gone to take the thing apart to get at the entire linkage mechanism but I will post here when I do that.