7610 won't start.

Onionbreath69

Equipment
Mar 22, 2017
Winnemucca
My 7610 won't start. I was driving it around. Stopped, got some coffee and climbed back on it. I turned the key and all I heard was a click at the right side of the engine. I think it is the starter solenoid I heard. The engine is completely dead. It won't even attempt to turn over. The battery is good. I checked the fuses and they are all good. Could it be the safety switches under the seats. Or could I need a new Starter? It did this before. At that time, I towed it to my garage to repair it However,after being towed it started right up. Towing aint working this time. Crazy.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
This is the most common issue,and its free. Remove both battery cables from tractor and inspect them. Before putting them back clean the surfaces where they connect. Sandpaper, wire brush or whatever tool you choose. Dont forget to clean or replace ground bolt-needs to be very clean.
Take a good look where ground bolts on, you may see evidence of arcing.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
If battery checks out I would look at safety switches. I understand the need for them but they can drive you crazy when the act up.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
The single click makes me think fuel stop solenoid. On my BX, the FSS/ injection pump/throttle are left side. No idea which side on a B7610.

But I don't think a bad stop solenoid prevents cranking the engine - I'm not sure on that?

But battery, connections and safety switches make more sense, like Tooljunkie and Bulldog said. It's not their first rodeo - those guys have forgotten more about anything mechanical than I'll ever know.

Start with the logical stuff those guys mentioned. My guess is battery or connections since you do get a click.

Have the battery connections clean, bright and tight, then get the battery load tested before doing anything else.

Good luck, and let us know how you make out!

Last edited:

zigzag001

Aug 21, 2016
Dallas, Texas
Rock the gas pedal a few times back and forth. It is a safety switch that has to be dead centered.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Diver 6

Equipment
L3800 HST
Mar 11, 2017
Dade City, FL
Just bought a used l3800 HST that was doing the same thing. At the advice of those on this forum, started checking all the safety switches. Start be finding the HST switch that is activated when pedal is in center position. Mine was just inside the steering console beside my right calf. Push the switch plunger up with your finger till you hear and feel it click. Then try starting. Mine fired right up. They have a reputation for getting misadjusted. If that doesn't work, start going thru the other safety switches one by one. Good luck and let us know.

Onionbreath69

Equipment
Mar 22, 2017
Winnemucca
I'm getting the battery tested today, but it seems to have the voltage I need. I checked out 6 of the safety swithches. The ones I could get to and all seem to function fine on a voltmeter. Could it be the Starter? As a note, I think Kubota's web site has a lot to be desired. I can't bring up a parts diagram. Nor do I see a way to order parts. Thanks for the help.

Onionbreath69

Equipment
Mar 22, 2017
Winnemucca
Rocking the gas pedal while starting the engine worked! I could hear the engine trying to start as I floated the gas pedal between reverse and forward. I had just called a guy to fix it next week too. Funny thing is before I got it working again I found a dead quail in the linkage. I don't think the little guy stopped any of the linkage from moving though. Thanks for all the help guys.