Loader Hydraulic Problem

dwa

Equipment
M7030SUDT
Apr 13, 2015
Newcastle, Wy
I have a ’96 Kubota M7030SUDT with a Kubota M1250 Loader. Loader works but when control is released, the loader continues to rise until I consciously move the control handle forward. It has been that way for a long time. Now, the same thing is happening when I lower the loader, I have to consciously move control handle back to neutral for it to stop coming down. I do not know if the issue is in the hydraulic control valve or in the control handle mechanism. The joystick control is a Morse MK2; Cable 1 to the hyd valve is Morse 302845-501N 6604 and Cable 2 is Morse 302845 501N 6527. The Spool valve is Cross (?) M34—.
I have included a picture of the control from above and another of where the mechanism goes into the end of one of the lines going to the hyd valve. That one looks to me like maybe it is worn and thus causing it to catch. I have also included a pic of the hyd (spool) valve because I do not know and cannot find a model number on it.
I do not know if the problem is with the control being worn or in the hyd valve. I have no expertise here so anyone who can provide help would be appreciated. Hope my pics came through

Attachments

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
If it's cable operated, pull the cables and clean and lube them to ensure they are not dragging and holding the valves in position.

dwa

Equipment
M7030SUDT
Apr 13, 2015
Newcastle, Wy
Pull them from the valve or the control head? If from the valve, do I need to drain hyd fluid first so it doesn't go everywhere? Do you have any instructions or suggestions that I can read? As I said, i've never dealt with this before. Tried to find breakdown of valve and instructions but had no luck. Thanks for the reply.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Raise the loader off the ground a couple feet making 100% sure that no animal or person will get under the raised loader.
Carefully remove the cables off of the spool valves and then start the tractor and watch the loader if the loader rises then the problem is in the detent portion of the valve and will need repaired.
If it does not, then the issue could be in the cables, move the control as see if the cable system binds. ;)