B7100HST Filter Screen

Brewbek

Equipment
B7100HST
Mar 26, 2017
NE Ohio
I'm changing hydraulic fluid and having trouble locating the filter screen. All other drain points have been marked with the red paint. Apparently the screen is not. Could this be it as shown in the pic.? Location is to the right of the seat as viewed from the rear of the tractor. Looks like the fender may need to be removed to access this but the cast housing that this fits in feels like the screen would fit there.

Any help suggestions would be appreciated. Hopefully my pic loads, I am pointing to it with the pointer. Thanks. Jim...
[/URL][/IMG]

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes, that's it, normally you just need to pull the tire. ;)

Brewbek

Equipment
B7100HST
Mar 26, 2017
NE Ohio
Thanks Wolfman! Good to hear only the tire needs to come off even though the fender isn't that big of a deal. Thanks again! :p

Brewbek

Equipment
B7100HST
Mar 26, 2017
NE Ohio
I found the screen, how do I clean it. It really does not look dirty at all. I wiped the outside to get the fluid off and when I hold it up to the light I can see through it. Really don't think it's bad at all. Any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I found the screen, how do I clean it. It really does not look dirty at all. I wiped the outside to get the fluid off and when I hold it up to the light I can see through it. Really don't think it's bad at all. Any advice?

Id say you got her clean enough - most use a solvent that will evaporate easily.
IF it looks clean - it probably clean enough. It only catches good size particles.
Mostly metal shavings.;):)

Brewbek

Equipment
B7100HST
Mar 26, 2017
NE Ohio
Thank you 85Hokie. I put it back together and I too think I'm fine.