Hydrolic Screech, weak bucket, bucket drift

Fredmeyer

Equipment
Kubota BX
Oct 9, 2015
New England
Hi,

My bx1860 recently developed a screech and bucket drift. The 3pt and bucket both have a new load hydraulic screech (almost like the sound of two metals plates grinding against each other) when under load. For the 3pt this sound only happens when its topped out. For the bucket this happens if you try and lift anything heavy (like the front of the tractor).

The bucket has also started drifting down over only a few hours. Earlier this summer it stayed put for days.

The screech at the top of the three point range persists even if the loaded quick links are disconnected.

I think these issues started after one of the loader lines got loose and I lost a lot of hydraulic fluid. The reservoir is full now and the line has been retightened.

Any ideas what might be going on?

thanks!

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hi,

My bx1860 recently developed a screech and bucket drift. The 3pt and bucket both have a new load hydraulic screech (almost like the sound of two metals plates grinding against each other) when under load. For the 3pt this sound only happens when its topped out. For the bucket this happens if you try and lift anything heavy (like the front of the tractor).

The bucket has also started drifting down over only a few hours. Earlier this summer it stayed put for days.

The screech at the top of the three point range persists even if the loaded quick links are disconnected.

I think these issues started after one of the loader lines got loose and I lost a lot of hydraulic fluid. The reservoir is full now and the line has been retightened.

Any ideas what might be going on?

thanks!

Based on what you are describing - sounds like your bypass valve is talking to you!

Either it is kicking in early or stuck/not closing as it should.

Drift is common over hours, how MUCH drift is the real issue, if it comes down in minutes, you have a seal problem. Almost any machine with hours on it will drift over time!;)