Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Service, Repair & Maintenance

Service, Repair & Maintenance Offer your Kubota service advice, repair procedures or maintenance tips. Have a service related question? Post here.

Old 10-20-2009   #1
sonofliberty
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: L2800DT w FEL
Default Rebuilding Hydraulic Cylinders on Loader

How difficult is it to rebuild cylinders on loader for my L2350DT. I have one of the aft cylinders that are leaking. The dealer has rebuild the fore cylinders sometime back.

Also, how frequently do they leak?

Thanks.
sonofliberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 10-20-2009   #2
Service Dept Vic

Default Re: Rebuilding Hydraulic Cylinders on Loader

They are not difficult to replace the seals and O rings. Usually they leak from nicks or scratches being present on the rod portion of the piston, or from badly contaminated fluid, weak seals, wether deterioration etc.

Keep it clean, take your time.

Oh Ya! We've got that!
Service Dept Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009   #3
Theekillerbee
3rd Yr. Apprentice

Like Vic said, not too hard to do, but use caution and take a few pics when you take it apart. This will help you remember how the seals go back in place. Most cylinders use the chevron style seals, which can be a little tight going back in place. Grease them up real good and it helps.

Another tool to have handy would be an automotive cylinder hone. Put it on an extension and use it to clean up the inside of the cylinder. Many times I've seen cylinders that had little pits in them from water contamination. A hone won't make them go away, but it will smooth them out a little, helping the seals to last a little longer.

Personally I'd find a kit specifically made for your ram. Shouldn't be too hard if it is genuine Kubota. It might be a little more spendy than the aftermarket stuff, but it will fit first time.
Theekillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009   #4
sonofliberty
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: L2800DT w FEL

Guys,

Thanks for the help. Do you have any pic's or exploded diagrams? Any special tools required?

Thanks again.
sonofliberty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hydraulic cylinders, l2350 dt, rebuilding