Weird gear shifting~!

joekimtkd

Equipment
B7510DT, 4' Snow blower, 4' Loader, 6' Blade, 6' 3PH Finish mower, 6' box blade,
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
Okay, I just changed TDH oil for hydraulic transmission and filter.
and checked clutch free play (1") and gap (9mm).
but Still same gear grinding.............

but Guess what~!
after I depress the clutch, wait for 3 seconds and shift gear in...
No grinding~~~!!!

Is it normal~~~??? I doubt myself but anyone has clue about this weird gear shifting~~???

Joe.

Last edited:

John C

Equipment
B7100D, LMC Clipper 400, LMC 4ft Box Blade, NorTrac 47" Tiller
Aug 14, 2009
Elizabethtown, KY
I don't know about your model but my old B7100 will grind shifing gears if the PTO shaft is still spining when I try to shift, or even if the tractor is still moving.

joekimtkd

Equipment
B7510DT, 4' Snow blower, 4' Loader, 6' Blade, 6' 3PH Finish mower, 6' box blade,
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
B7510DT. my PTO is OFF and Tractor was Parked... and it has 442 hours on it.
someone told me today, there is "clutch break" some where and it needs
adjustment. Is it correct?

joekimtkd

Equipment
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
Vic~~~!!!

Could you give me an wise answer~~~??? :D

You are my only the hope~~!!!

Joe.

joekimtkd

Equipment
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
I just talk to another mechanic for advice and he came up with something different idea.

"IDLE"

I thought B7510's idle was a bit higher too.

How would I adjust idle on this tractor?

What is the ideal idle speed on this tractor~???

John C

Equipment
B7100D, LMC Clipper 400, LMC 4ft Box Blade, NorTrac 47" Tiller
Aug 14, 2009
Elizabethtown, KY
Be patient! there are lots of people on here eager to help you! I unfortunately am unfamiliar with your model and cannot offer any help beyond what I've already offered. If you PM Vic he is very good about getting back with you! That said remember that he is not Superman and probably has a life beyond Kubota Tractors. I personally salute him for being willing to answer questions at all and I bet he gets hundreds of requests per day!

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Am I not going to get any answers here~~~???
I don't have your tractor manual but I'll bet you if you get one you will find out your transmission is not synchronized in any gear. Therefore you must wait for the tractor drive idler gear to slow so you can find the teeth of the straight (Spur)gears to mesh for the range you want to start out with. Yes patients is a virtue when shifting a manual transmission. :D

Last edited:

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Okay, I just changed TDH oil for hydraulic transmission and filter.
and checked clutch free play (1") and gap (9mm).
but Still same gear grinding.............

but Guess what~!
after I depress the clutch, wait for 3 seconds and shift gear in...
No grinding~~~!!!

Is it normal~~~??? I doubt myself but anyone has clue about this weird gear shifting~~???

Joe.
Yes Joe that's normal.... in a gear tractor....

Curbster

Equipment
L-185 DT
Feb 19, 2009
Nelson, B.C.
There's nothing like the sound of those grinding gears when you are attempting to do fast shifting, (or fast anything!) with those square cut gears like the old trucks from the forty's! Actually, I have no idea if they are square cut or not as I have pretty much rounded them off anyway! They still grind if you don't have everything lined up, but you get used to it after a while! I recently did the clutch in my old 185 DT and it was the first time it was ever done, so they seem to last a long time! And I found that grease fitting on the thingamajig that slides back and forth on the shaft, in the clutch housing under the cover plate! It looked like a chrome one, so maybe I have a "special" Wednesday tractor!:)

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
I think your tractor is pretty normal. They are unsyncronized and dont have a transmission brake so the clutch disk and input shaft will continue spinning for a few seconds with the clutch disengaged.
Where you near the tornado...... I used to live in Durham and worked for Moores Garage many moons ago!
Ed Service