Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel.:eek:
Lets just hope it's not a freight train! :eek:

I remember very clearly (and that's a feat all it's own) when emissions systems on auto's really started ramping up, every mechanic was up in arms, that passed, now everyone knows what a catalytic converter does, converts cats right? :D

Diesel exhaust systems will soon follow the same path. ;)

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Wolfman or Sheepfarmer (you'ld think they wouldn't get along) can probably answer this;
Bosch makes the HPFP, high pressure fuel pump, for a lot of different diesels. I'm not sure what's in the T4 Kubota's but they're common rail, DI also as pointed out above. The Bosch pumps use diesel as their lubricant and bad fuel or water in fuel will crater them. Around $ 12K in my eight cylinder Ford.

DEF tank will have it's own pump and a heating system for cold weather op's. I've had emission related problems about every 10K miles with my truck - admittedly from those boards I'm an aberration.
I can identify with why you wouldn't be enthusiastic about tier 4 products after that experience with your truck. Makes me glad for my old one, which stinks pretty bad but has, knock on wood, been reliable.

At the moment I know about zilch on what kind of fuel pump Kubota is using, but now I am curious. At the very least it might make a compelling reason to pay for an extended warranty. And not to be careful about water in the fuel, but obsessively careful. Thank you for the heads up.

TexasBoy

Equipment
Kubota M7060 HDC12 & L4600DT
Dec 11, 2013
Central Texas
I've had emission related problems about every 10K miles with my truck - admittedly from those boards I'm an aberration.
I just sold my 2009 diesel truck recently and ordered a 6.4 gasser just because of the emissions hassles, and the impending full Tier-4 was the sole reason I bought my 2013 when I did to avoid the EPA nonsense. I sure hope the folks buying full Tier-4 tractors these days dont have the same hassles the trucks are, and have been having.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2014
oregon
Kubota is making the effort to keep customers with tier 4 engines as happy as possible. There is a 5 year warranty on the emissions related components that extends to all the new tier 4 tractors, at least according to the pdf brochure referenced above (Clean Power Today, Kubota).
The 5 year warranty is a Federal mandate and there is probably an hour limit. Vehicles get 5/50,000.

Auto companies have a social media arm where they monitor the boards and offer to help. I'm sure Kubota will too soon.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
The 5 year warranty is a Federal mandate and there is probably an hour limit. Vehicles get 5/50,000.

Auto companies have a social media arm where they monitor the boards and offer to help. I'm sure Kubota will too soon.
You are right nickel, I dug out my warranty and it refers to the federal and California regulations and how they apply to offroad vehicles.. Darn, and to think I thought it was smart public relations on Kubota's part :rolleyes: regardless of the reason, I am glad to have it.

It is for 3,000 hours or 5 years, whichever comes first. The warranty covers the emissions components, the fuel pumps and fuel supply items, the electronic control system, and engine components if damaged due to failure of any of the emissions components. There are the typical caveats about proper maintenance and use of correct replacement parts.

Hedgehog

Equipment
Bx2370
Apr 5, 2015
Fairhaven massachusetts
Quick question, I just ordered a BX2370-1 and was wondering if this tractor has any emissions? The diesel emission crap is the reason why I won't buy another diesel pickup. Just wondering.
Thank you in advanced

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Quick question, I just ordered a BX2370-1 and was wondering if this tractor has any emissions? The diesel emission crap is the reason why I won't buy another diesel pickup. Just wondering.
Thank you in advanced
The tractor will have some exhaust emissions, but a Kubota tractor below 25.5hp meets tier 4 standards without a dpf filter or doc (see above for definitions). I recommend getting a copy of the owner's manual to read before your tractor is delivered. There may be some recycling of exhaust gas or other engine modifications, but a quick look at the engine parts list on Messsick's website seemed to show a pretty straightforward engine. Talk to your dealer, he should want to answer your questions about this. Congratulations and welcome to the forum!

Oct 8, 2014
oregon
I had a friend accidentally put DEF in his fuel, it was a truck (Ford fills are side-by-side). He thought the 1/2 gallon wouldn't make a difference, it made a 17K difference. The moral to all you T4 folks is pay attention and drain for H2O religiously. The HPFP will show obvious signs and be cause for a warranty denial.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I am adding here and above a link to a video about tier IV Kubotas from Messick's. It illustrates the regen features on an L3901. The one comment I found interesting was that, besides running at "high" rpm to keep the exhaust warm and the accumulation of particles down in the dpf, he said that these newer engines are more efficient at higher rpm's and so you won't necessarily be wasting fuel running at an rpm that is higher than needed. I'd be interested in seeing data on that, but good to know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9Ya1mp4cO0

There are a number of other videos on the Messick's site that folks might find interesting to supplement the ones on OTT home page.

Fastdonzi

Equipment
New Grand L3560
Dec 4, 2015
East Tn
This is a great accumulation of info you have gathered... I just bought a new L3560 and found this link.. after a week it has 6.5 hrs Lol

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Thanks fastdonzii, enjoy your 3560! I love mine still, I've had it for a year now.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
"diagnoseing eng problems". I'm sure it will be like cars. Code 62 on a ford truck can be caused by 6 different things, you still have to understand the system and know how to find the problem. I have a 2009 chevy traverse in the shop now, gear ratio code. Most probably cause is bad speed sensor. Pull the sensor and yep, it's bad, but not the real problem. Tip was broke off from some piece of metal catching the end. Pull the trans and it looks like shrapnel in half of the trans.
If you don't have a $4,000 dollar scanner, (some as high as $6,000) you can't even begin to work on late model vehicles. Tractors will go the same way.

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
about the friend who put DEF in his diesel tank. DEF is de-ionized water, with some concentrated urea in it. h2o and diesel fuel systems are not compatible as your friend found out...
it might make a good substitute for farmers who run out of "farm grade urea"... not sure about the cost / gallon difference.. i do know that, you can't use farm grade urea in your truck..

RPierce

Equipment
Loader, mowing
Oct 30, 2014
Elk City, Ok
I own a 2013 B3350 HST cab model and have had this tractor at the dealership 4 times now for regeneration issues. It's currently at the dealership now for the past 7 weeks and the Kubota rep has no answers for what is happening as of yet. I'm currently waiting for a new computer. This tractor has approximately 75 hours on it. I love the tractor but I don't believe that Kubota has any idea what their issues really are at this point regarding the DPF and regen issues with the B3350.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
scammer.. DPF emulator from Turkey is ILLEGAL and will autovoid Kubota warranty
great profit though... $5 in parts, $200 price tag.....

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
scammer.. DPF emulator from Turkey is ILLEGAL and will autovoid Kubota warranty
great profit though... $5 in parts, $200 price tag.....
I doubt if it's a scam.

More than likely, they have designed a device that causes the ECM to think that the (removed) DPF remains in place but never requires a regeneration process.

Yes, such is illegal and does void the Kubota warranty.

SDT

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I'd be surprised if it works without messing up the engine controls. Seems like I read somewhere that the computer calls for regen when a number of factors are met, and not just the pressure differential across the dpf filter. One is the number of gallons of fuel used.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I call it a 'scam' as they take your money to bypass the 'computer program',it does NOT fix the DPF problem. Now IF it was a new computer(and parts) that properly ran the engine and regen as required ,then it wouldn't be a 'scam'.. Maybe I should have called it a 'bodge' ?
In any event it DOES violate Kubota warranty and several laws around the World. Was also told that the DPF will clog up and that'll cost $$$ when engine dies...

drewzee87t

Equipment
L45 TLB, B2910 Turbo
May 20, 2016
misery
This guy has such a rod for DPF threads. It's the environmental mounties gone wild.

Dude you have a bx23.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Thread was dormant for years. Came back to life because a “new member” from Turkey posted what was really just advertising for a software based DPF delete that might or might not work but is clearly 100% illegal in many countries. That got taken down. The responses were left up so unless you saw the posts from the delete software advertiser before they were taken down, the reactions to it look a bit odd.