Bxpanded hydraulic pressure test and adjust kit

ThisIsNotaStep

Equipment
2005 bx23 tlb
Nov 26, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Thankyou SIR!
I picked up a pressure gauge and quick connect adapter at Princess Auto (Canada's HF), $16 CDN. Shims are not expensive from the dealer.
Thanks again!

redfernclan

Jul 18, 2014
Sweet home, Oregon
Just got around to checking mine. It is sitting at 1,750psi cold so I'm thinking upping it 200 to 1,950. I'll check with the dealer on ordering shims and let you all know.........

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Just got around to checking mine. It is sitting at 1,750psi cold so I'm thinking upping it 200 to 1,950. I'll check with the dealer on ordering shims and let you all know.........

Mine is about the same - I got the kit in the other day, have not had a chance to place a washer yet!;)

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
Ive had the kit for awhile, finally tested it. After mowing for 1.5 hours which is prob to hot. It tested 1600 at 3k rpms. Ill check when its only been warmed up for 15 minutes like the instructions says. I only have 180 hours on my Bx25D

koja

Equipment
BX25D
May 27, 2014
Fremont Mi.
Got my kit Saturday. My pressure on my BX25D was a touch over 1800 . I added two shims and brought it up to just over 2000 . It made the difference I was looking for. Loader has no problem picking up an over flowing bucket now .

ThisIsNotaStep

Equipment
2005 bx23 tlb
Nov 26, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Picked up some shims at the dealer, .27 each. They are no longer washers, just little discs about 3/8 in diameter.

No-name quick connect coupler did not fit, the nipple on the male is too long to for the kubby female. Will pick up one from the dealer & try again next weekend.

Checked WSM for bx23, make presure is 1849, hot and full rev. Beyond this you'll probably discover leaky spool valves and piston seals.

Summer is finally here!!

redfernclan

Jul 18, 2014
Sweet home, Oregon
2,300 is way past what I would be comfortable with. Make sure you are checking it correctly.

On a side note, ordered my shims today from the dealer. 2 of each of the three sizes. I think it came to just under a buck and a half.
Cheapest upgrade by far!

Underwhere

Jul 7, 2013
Freedom, NH
Would anyone be able to summarize how to test the pressure?

I have gauges and stuff kicking around (had to buy the quick adapter though).

I tried connecting it to the front (yellow) port on the right side of the tractor near the loader arm...with all other hoses disconnected and it spiked quite a bit and then leveled out.

I'm not sure whether I connected it to the right port and which reading to go by (spike or after settling).

Here's a video I made of it:
http://youtu.be/x4DCYwU_ymc

kubotaman574

Equipment
BX2670 B2650
Aug 8, 2013
Elkhart In
Same way i did mine, but i was getting #2300
Would anyone be able to summarize how to test the pressure?

I have gauges and stuff kicking around (had to buy the quick adapter though).

I tried connecting it to the front (yellow) port on the right side of the tractor near the loader arm...with all other hoses disconnected and it spiked quite a bit and then leveled out.

I'm not sure whether I connected it to the right port and which reading to go by (spike or after settling).

Here's a video I made of it:
http://youtu.be/x4DCYwU_ymc

redfernclan

Jul 18, 2014
Sweet home, Oregon
I will hook the gauge up again today and explain exactly how I'm taking it. I looked at the pictures from Bxpanded and they showed the gauge hooked up to the white quick disconnect on the tractor side of the bucket controls. The dealer called and said my shims are in. Should pick them up this week sometime.

redfernclan

Jul 18, 2014
Sweet home, Oregon
After warming the tractor up, I shut it off and bled all the pressure off of the lines.
Disconnect the white quick disconnect going to the bucket.
Attach the gauge to the fitting on the tractor. It will be a male end and your gauge should have a female end.
Start the tractor.
Rev the engine to 3,000 RPM.
Push the lever up for lowering the bucket.
You should then get a reading for what the tractor is putting out. Mine only varies about 50 PSI between 1,500 and 3,000 RPM, but I only have 35 hours on it. One with more hours may read lower at the slower RPM.
Hope this helps. I pick up my shims later this week and will let you all know the results. I sure could have used a little more this morning. I had ants get into a fence post and tried to pull the stub that was left out of the ground. Just wouldn't do it. Now I have a big hole to fill and let the ground settle before setting a new one.

kubotaman574

Equipment
BX2670 B2650
Aug 8, 2013
Elkhart In
That is how I checked mine, #2300
After warming the tractor up, I shut it off and bled all the pressure off of the lines.
Attach the gauge to the fitting on the tractor. It will be a male end and your gauge should have a female end.
Start the tractor.
You should then get a reading for what the tractor is putting out. Mine only varies about 50 PSI between 1,500 and 3,000 RPM, but I only have 35 hours on it. One with more hours may read lower at the slower RPM.
Hope this helps. I pick up my shims later this week and will let you all know the results. I sure could have used a little more this morning. I had ants get into a fence post and tried to pull the stub that was left out of the ground. Just wouldn't do it. Now I have a big hole to fill and let the ground settle before setting a new one.

Underwhere

Jul 7, 2013
Freedom, NH
Start the tractor.
Thanks for the instruction. I will try the white port rather than the yellow and hopefully I won't get that spike.