B6100D 4x4 Spring Clean up

smokinhart

Equipment
b6000E,B6100DT, King Cutter RM48, Front end Loader, Rear Blade,Gravel Reclaimer
Oct 21, 2009
Manhattan, Kansas
Just popped the B6100 4x4 out for some sunlight. She's been in the dark garage since October. Sand blasted most everything I could. Steam cleaned the rest and primed. Have a few touch ups and waiting on some last bit details before we move the 515 loader over from the b6000E since it was sold last month.

First picture was when I bought the unit from Bohunk farmer with a steering sector shaft recirculating ball bearing issue.

I wanted to install hydro steering so the next picture is the drag link and new loader sub frame fabrication

Here is the nearly completed refurb. Powder Coating on all sheet metal. Rustoleum XORust custom coating with hardener on the blue/gray. Touch up painting and removing the reservoir tank on front will be completed after the loader install is done. Had to build the front tank and use it long enough to get under the loader frame and integrate the built in tank with the on board hydraulics. Then the front pump will only run the power steering hydraulics.

I'm no Sock puppet or Wildfire here with their excellent refurbs, but I'm fairly happy with this one. Been through one or two of these refurbs a year for a long time. Sure enjoy the ORANGE more than the Allis, Simplicity, John Deere and others. Love the cackle of the diesel when it fires up to burn that paint in.:D

Attachments

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
OMG Somkin, is that the same tractor in all of those pictures :eek:
You should be more than happy, you should be PROUD! That's damn good work, I love it!

By the way, picture 2 has welds. Did you do that? I'm no handyman but those look like what I'd like to be able to create for once in my life.

Great work Smokin!

Scott

smokinhart

Equipment
Oct 21, 2009
Manhattan, Kansas
OMG Somkin, is that the same tractor in all of those pictures :eek:
You should be more than happy, you should be PROUD! That's damn good work, I love it!

By the way, picture 2 has welds. Did you do that? I'm no handyman but those look like what I'd like to be able to create for once in my life.

Great work Smokin!

Scott
Thanks Trail..
Yes I weld some. I am no pro though.

Been kinda reserved to the little tractors of late. Did the Farmall F30, Cub, John Deere 110 and 318. Case VA and even IH 574. Still like the small iron.

Did a 64 Ford a bit back. One of a kind SB 4x4. 64 ford frt0002.jpg

Vic, Thanks too

and the wife doesn't know a used truck tire from an industrial tire so..... ya know. Gotta take advantage of that. Filling the rears with fluid soon, I'll let you know how the Coca-Cola premix cans work to move the fluid through.

SockPuppet

Equipment
B8200
Nov 23, 2009
Washington State
I think it looks great! She really is a little cutey. The powder coating sure sounds like a long term finish, please keep us posted on it.

Nice work! :)

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hi Smokinhart. Very very nice. Looks great. Power steering too. Tell us about the power steering. It looks very neat and compact. The tractor looks great.:D:D Dusty

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Each day I log on here I'm pleasantly surprised by the work that I see and this project is no different. I think some of the best work on the net is from members of this site. Man I would be proud to have that tractor and truck for that matter parked in my yard. Hats off to you sir. Very, Very nice work.

Randyj

Equipment
B9200D / BF350 Kubota Loader / L-4530B Kubota Backhoe w - subframe / LP GS1548
Sep 17, 2009
Northern Indiana
Smokin'.......

Very nice work! Another fine resto done by a member of this site!
Looks very good! Looking forward to pics of the loader install.

smokinhart

Equipment
Oct 21, 2009
Manhattan, Kansas
Hi Smokinhart. Very very nice. Looks great. Power steering too. Tell us about the power steering. It looks very neat and compact. The tractor looks great.:D:D Dusty
Trail Dust.
Had several PM's and questions on the Hydro Steering. So here it is...

Here is the steering sector with the Danfoss OSPM -40 ON stuffed up under the dash panel. The dash was remounted from the old mounts to the steering tube to outside mounts on the new frame that holds the steering valve in place.

The cylinder is from a Skyjack scissor lift and has a 5.1/4 " stroke - which matches the total distance of the old drag link that the B6100-7100 Kubotas used.

Pressurized by a Cessna front mounted PTO Hydraulic pump. Front Pto shaft adapted from factory 18 mm shaft to a new stainless steel compression hub which does not require keyway and hold 81 plus Ft pounds torque. (The front PTO shaft from Kubota is NA in the 18 mm and Kubota, Matt at Golden Eagle has a found an old Service bulletin w/ kit to convert to 27 mm but costs over $500 to build and part out) See my thread looking for 18 mm 27 mm front pto x-over. I did not need to mount a snowblower or mower so I opted to do the the machine shop work to attach my Cessna pump.

The Cylinder
[/IMG]

The Steering Wheel

The steering valve side - still have to trim out the edge of the opening....

Before picture as it was from Bohunk Farmer

Sheet Metal prep sand blasted and ready to phosphate and coat
[/IMG]

Better post of the New Paint and steering, Sub-frame ready for new loader

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Hey there smokin!
I was just about to PM you and see if I had caused confusion. But I see you're already on it and the post looks great! It's a great spread of photo's like looking through a centerfold :D

As a matter of fact the pictures even cleared something up for me. After seeing the image of the lines going to the bottom of the steering wheel I realized it's actually a hydraulic steering system and not a power assist. That is awesome! Great craftsmanship smokin!

Scott

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Wow, what an awesome install. I had the opportunity to buy something that from a wrecker but he wanted 500 bucks for it.What a stupe , I should have jumped on that like a duck on a june bug. That big cylinder I bought was $450 and it took me about a month and another $200 to install and get it right. Oh well live and learn. Thanks for the pics, again very nice.:D Dusty