Bracket for Kubota Thumb

Mactractor

Equipment
Kubota BX25
Jan 21, 2014
New Jersey
I want to put the factory Kubota Thumb on my BX25, it is not the BX25D and never came with the bracket from the factory. See pictures
If I make this bracket, can I weld it on my dipstick?
Any suggestions, warnings, comments are appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
I can't see any problems as there do not appear to be any hydraulic lines in the immediate area you would be welding. Watch how you are welding and do it gradually so as not to distort the dipper arm. Protect anything in the vicinity from flying sparks. Are you going with a hydraulic thumb or hand adjustable? I want to make one for mine to make it easier on my back for loading wood etc.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
You own it - there really isn't a warranty issue. You aren't likely to make the dipstick weaker. Many of us have made modifications, added brackets, etc. over the years to make our implements more useful to us.
Have a ball, just be careful and go slowly.

Mactractor

Equipment
Kubota BX25
Jan 21, 2014
New Jersey
I can't see any problems as there do not appear to be any hydraulic lines in the immediate area you would be welding. Watch how you are welding and do it gradually so as not to distort the dipper arm. Protect anything in the vicinity from flying sparks. Are you going with a hydraulic thumb or hand adjustable? I want to make one for mine to make it easier on my back for loading wood etc.

Hydraulic would be nice, but I will go with Mechanical for now

t33jetman

Equipment
BX25D, TLB, 1860 bal. bucket, Curtis Hard Cab
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
Easy on the back is right on man

love this machine in the woods.

Attachments

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
When I bought my BH76A (backhoe) I decided to get the manual thumb set on it. I soon realized that I wanted to convert it to a hydraulic thumb. I plumbed the hydraulics to the rear (and set that up to run a TNT setup as well for my Box Blade) and have never looked back. I use the thumb EVERY time I use the backhoe. With a manual set-up you will soon realize that you have to get off the tractor to adjust it way too many times for it to be efficient. If you are going through the effort to build a thumb...I strongly suggest that you go for the hydraulic thumb set-up. You will not regret it.