more B2150 hydraulic problems

marktomes

Equipment
B2150HSD with BF350
Jul 22, 2012
davisburg, MI
OK, I have been checking out my shop manual again and wonder if anyone has had the valve cover to the 3pt lift control valve off before and can offer some advice. Looking at the exploded view of the control portion I am wanting to check out the internal stuff, mainly the feedback shaft lever, spool drive lever and the control shaft lever. I assume (since I don't see it on my tractor) it is under the control valve cover. How messy is that going to be? I would assume that there shouldn't be hydraulic fluid flowing but cannot remember if there were hydro hook ups on that cover. I suspect that the spool drive lever or the feedback shaft lever internally hopped off. I noticed when moving my feedback shaft today manually there is no resistance, kinda just moves a bit dead and floppy. I am looking for any advice that will keep me out of the cold longer than I need to be ;) Thanks in advance All, Mark.

Lostdutchman

Equipment
L2850
Dec 31, 2013
Alaska
Have you tried pushing the arms down? When I changed fluid in my new to me 2850 the arms would not go up. I pulled on it to try to get them up and you could hear the pump change tones and then all was well. I'm guessing I had a fart bubble in pump. Once that got out it works good. Not sure if that will help
Jason

marktomes

Equipment
B2150HSD with BF350
Jul 22, 2012
davisburg, MI
Have you tried pushing the arms down? When I changed fluid in my new to me 2850 the arms would not go up. I pulled on it to try to get them up and you could hear the pump change tones and then all was well. I'm guessing I had a fart bubble in pump. Once that got out it works good. Not sure if that will help
Jason
Hello Jason, i tried with all my might to get the arms down, no such luck. I even tried a 16' 2x6 as a lever with my 190 pounds at the end. I'm still studying my shop manual but it is all still greek to me, I am ready to load it up and take it to a dealer.

marktomes

Equipment
B2150HSD with BF350
Jul 22, 2012
davisburg, MI
OK, so here is another development. I have entirely lost all hydraulic function again, yet the 3pt is still in the up position. How can I have no hydraulic function and a lift on the 3pt. When I say no hydraulic function, I mean no hst, not FEL, no power steering and no 3pt. This is not my first problem with loss of hydraulic, it comes and goes. Fresh filter, fresh fluid, clean screen in the suction tube!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
There is 5 sections of rubber hose in the suction side of your system, if any one of those is leaking in air it will lose pressure. I don't see it on this thread, how is the FEL hooked up to the hydraulics on the tractor?

marktomes

Equipment
B2150HSD with BF350
Jul 22, 2012
davisburg, MI
There is 5 sections of rubber hose in the suction side of your system, if any one of those is leaking in air it will lose pressure. I don't see it on this thread, how is the FEL hooked up to the hydraulics on the tractor?
Wolfman, I think I understand what you are asking. I have lines coming off the FEL valve, hard rubber with quick connects routed to hard lines into the hydraulic block type outlet. The hoses look good to my untrained eye, what am I looking for? Can the collapse internally without external clues? How would I search that?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
First can you disconnect the loader and jump the two hoes to eliminate the loader completely, or is there a valve on the block to bypass the loader outlets?
2 or 3 lines off of loader control to block?
The yellow in these 2 pic are the rubber lines on the suction side, if any are bad then it will suck air, or a hole in the cooler will do it too, but that's really rare and they will normally leak fluid every time you shut it down, so the cooler would be soaked with oil.

B2150 rubber hose 1.JPG

B2150 rubber hose 2.jpg

marktomes

Equipment
B2150HSD with BF350
Jul 22, 2012
davisburg, MI
First can you disconnect the loader and jump the two hoes to eliminate the loader completely, or is there a valve on the block to bypass the loader outlets?
2 or 3 lines off of loader control to block?
The yellow in these 2 pic are the rubber lines on the suction side, if any are bad then it will suck air, or a hole in the cooler will do it too, but that's really rare and they will normally leak fluid every time you shut it down, so the cooler would be soaked with oil.

3 lines off the loader to the block, there is a divider on the block but Im not sure it is functioning, it doesnt seem to matter which direction I turn it when the system is working. I will check the rubber hoses, I checked the large one on the suction line to the pump but didnt realize there were 4 more. I should be able to give those a looking at tomorrow after work. Thank you again Wolfman.

bulldog_shotgun

Equipment
B2150HST
Feb 3, 2013
SW, Ohio
OK, so here is another development. I have entirely lost all hydraulic function again, yet the 3pt is still in the up position. How can I have no hydraulic function and a lift on the 3pt. When I say no hydraulic function, I mean no hst, not FEL, no power steering and no 3pt. This is not my first problem with loss of hydraulic, it comes and goes. Fresh filter, fresh fluid, clean screen in the suction tube!
if it wont move the problem is in the sump, most likely water has frozen into a ice blockage.

the only thing the hydrostatic drive and the other systems share is oil. seperate pumps seperate lines.

the divertor valve shouldn't effect anything but the loader.

marktomes

Equipment
B2150HSD with BF350
Jul 22, 2012
davisburg, MI
Maybe you are on to something Wolfman, I checked the hose clamps to make sure they were tight and there were 2 on the lower coolant line that were broken. As I tightened it felt like they had already been overtightened, I ordered all new rubber sections and will replace them and the hose clamps as soon as I can. How much air would it take to totally disable the whole hydraulic system? It is never weak, just go or no go.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Surprisingly very little air in the system can cause it to quit working.

My second thought is that there is something going on in the diverter block,
like the valve is floating between on and off. That will create a whole multitude of problems!

marktomes

Equipment
B2150HSD with BF350
Jul 22, 2012
davisburg, MI
I am looking at the exploded parts view on Kubota.com and it appears that there are really only 2 components that "do" anything. There is what Kubota is calling a Assy Divider (pn 67817-38300) and the relief valve (pn 67850-38200), are either of those two parts more suspect than the other? Im looking at the flow diagrams in my service manual and cannot tell if either one would or would not. I am going to replace the small hose lengths on the return side first, I ordered Kubota parts now just have to wait. The hose clamps that are on now are wormgear style band clamps, should I beef those up?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Worm style hose clamps are fine, just don't over tighten them, a snug fit is good as they are suction and not pressure.

As far as the diverter valve or relief valve goes, It's normally the relief valve that has more problems.

marktomes

Equipment
B2150HSD with BF350
Jul 22, 2012
davisburg, MI
Well Im still waiting for my suction line parts. Maybe I should have asked this before i bought them, best place for Kubota parts? Any how, once that is done I will reassess my situation and go from there. The good news about the relief valve possibility is it is the least expensive of the 2.

Caver50bmg

Dec 13, 2014
Columbia, SC
I know this is an old thread just wanted to add to the discussion. I had a similar issue with my B2150DT. Hydraulics operating intermittently. Screaming of the relief valve sometimes also. I narrowed it down to two probable causes; ventilation or cavitation. In the system on the suction side there is two rubber suction hoses and a filter. The two hoses were factory so i replaced them. Drained the fluid and filled with new. Replaced the hydraulic filter. She is working wonderfully now. The old hoses looked good on inspection and they were not leaking. Not sure if the problem was with the hoses or filter but for sure the problem is fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk