Right side hand grip?

toxcrusadr

Equipment
L4600
Apr 18, 2016
Columbia MO
Looks like the L4600 has a mounting hole for one end of it at least, but the parts manual at Kubota doesn't have a part number. I would like to add one. Should I just ask my dealer? Probably should ask my dealer. ;)

I'm also missing the orange triangle "Slow Moving Vehicle" sign. I bought this tractor very slightly used and the orig. owner probably forgot about it somewhere in his garage. Are these things a standard mount or do you have to go to Kubota for one that fits?

Likin' my tractor so far and this forum has been very helpful. :D

Edit: Oh, one more thing. Seems like it would be nice to have a rear-view mirror for those times you have to jaunt down the road. This tractor has a bonnet overhead but it's pretty high for mounting anything you'd want to look at. Any ideas for a mirror?

vic gerbasi

Equipment
M110 L3300
Feb 19, 2016
dugald mb canada
amazon has golf cart mirrors that go on not expensive. I put a tool box on the right side thru the holes the right side is not meant for getting on the tractor r there steps on the right side? throttle pedal is in the way good luck

scdeerslayer

Equipment
MX5200DT
May 23, 2016
SC
Do you have a FEL? If so I got mirrors from a site called themirrorguys.com that mount on the top of the FEL bracket near where the lift arm attaches. They have a clamp version and one that will require drilling a hole. They are wide angle mirrors so that takes some getting used to. They don't sit up as high as I'm used to on a tractor but it was a simple install without having to fab something up and I can see cars behind me just fine. Plus sitting lower means less chance of grabbing something.

From my limited search recently, SMV signs seem to be a pretty much universal mount, but you'll probably need to fab up a way to attach it to the tractor. Should be able to find something at the farm store. There are 3 basic parts: SMV sign, arm (bent piece of flat metal), and mounting bracket. The SMV sign should come with an arm, the bracket may be included or separate. You can attach the arm directly to the tractor for a permanent mount, or attach the bracket and the arm slides into the bracket for easy removal.

On mine the SMV sign was originally on the ROPS but it was moved to the backhoe, but I added a toolbox to the ROPS and attached another sign to that toolbox for when the backhoe is not on. You probably have the threaded holes in the ROPS bar behind the seat for the SMV bracket, you'll just need to find the right sized bolts and fab a bracket to attach the SMV arm or bracket to.

the right side is not meant for getting on the tractor r there steps on the right side? throttle pedal is in the way good luck
I don't know about the OP but the handle on the right side is great to hold onto while using a 3 pt implement, especially when you are used to looking over your right shoulder.

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
The right hand side grip is found on higher end - such as L3830. With the part number from that model, you'll be able to find one.

toxcrusadr

Equipment
L4600
Apr 18, 2016
Columbia MO
My local dealer knew how to find the right side grip so that's on order. It is a little tight getting on from the right side because of the loader control lever but sometimes it's so much faster. I'm a small guy so I can get through there. And yes it would be nice to grab onto when trying to look out the back.

Thanks for the tips on mirrors. I will look at some of those.

The SMV sign: I already have the mounting bracket on the tractor, that's why I assumed there was one originally with the tractor. I'll just have to measure it (I think it may be tapered) and make sure I get a match.

scdeerslayer

Equipment
MX5200DT
May 23, 2016
SC
My local dealer knew how to find the right side grip so that's on order. It is a little tight getting on from the right side because of the loader control lever but sometimes it's so much faster. I'm a small guy so I can get through there. And yes it would be nice to grab onto when trying to look out the back.

Thanks for the tips on mirrors. I will look at some of those.

The SMV sign: I already have the mounting bracket on the tractor, that's why I assumed there was one originally with the tractor. I'll just have to measure it (I think it may be tapered) and make sure I get a match.
If it's the tapered smv bracket then you just need the sign with the arm, and I believe they are a standard size.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
search is your friend. Several threads on this topic are in here you can draw ideas from.

look forward to pics of your solution.