B2400 Alternater belt replacement

micomike

Equipment
B2400 HSD 48" Howse rotary cutter, 48" box scraper, log hitch, FEL
Dec 30, 2011
Manchester, PA. USA
Hi guys. After 900 hrs. I threw the alternater belt on my B2400. Has anyone replaced one? Is it difficult like some cars? Do I need to remove radiator?Will the belt slip around the fan and lower pulley without a lot of disassembly? I am somewhat mechanically capable but don't want to get in over my head. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Very simple belt to change, you will have no trouble. Remove the top bolt on the alternator adjustment bracket, loosen the lower alternator mounting bolt so it can tip forward. Put the new belt over the fan and lay it in the fan pulley, go under the crankshaft pulley. now start it over the top of the alternator pulley, you may have to pull the on a fan blade to roll it into the pulley groove. Now snug up the lower bolt leaving it just loose enough to pivot the alternator. Start the top bolt back into the alternator, pull it toward you till belt is snug, tighten top bolt, then lower bolt.
The reason for tipping the alternator forward will become apparent when you try to put the belt on the last pulley as the belt will be a hair too short. By tilting the alternator forward, it lowers the pulley enough to install the belt.

micomike

Equipment
B2400 HSD 48" Howse rotary cutter, 48" box scraper, log hitch, FEL
Dec 30, 2011
Manchester, PA. USA
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to get in to it Saturday. Sounds pretty straight forward. Got lots of work for the bota coming up.