New to Kubota question

Oldmansbike

Equipment
BX2370
May 26, 2016
Wever,Iowa
Good morning. Just joined here.I just bought my first Kubota last week BX 2370 and have a question. I have 2 gallons of hydraulic oil left over from my John Deere mower and I was wondering if I could use it in my Kubota? Thanks

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
Is it synthetic oil? The specs call for "Kubota Super UDT-2". Can you confirm that your JD oil meets this spec?

Personally, I would not use it my tractor. These machines are expensive and its just not worth the chance of creating a problem to save a few dollars.

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Good morning. Just joined here.I just bought my first Kubota last week BX 2370 and have a question. I have 2 gallons of hydraulic oil left over from my John Deere mower and I was wondering if I could use it in my Kubota? Thanks

Personally - I would not use, even though it is good stuff, the oil in the Kubota will have a little different make up, mixing the two might not be the best thought, even though I am sure the JD meets all of the specs as the Kubota oil.
UDT , UDT2 and S-UDT2 are your Kubota choices, the latter is the $$$$ but the hydraulic whine can be cut back with using it.

Changing your filters and oils and greasing will help your machine last almost a lifetime!;):)

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
See if the dealer will take it back and get the Kubota version.