Problem reattaching quick release hoses to 3800 front loader

tsafa

Equipment
Kubota L3800, FEL, F550 Dump, 10K Trailer
Nov 3, 2013
Tobyhanna, PA
I took the front loader off my 3800 to do some plowing and when I tried reattach it after, I had a hard time getting the hoses to go in. I never had a problem to this extent before. The connectors are clean. I find it odd that all 4 hoses gave me the same problem fitting into position. It seems almost like there was too much pressure in the system and the fittings would not go in.

After I forced them in, while trying to get the front loader to lock into position, I noticed that one side was moving faster then the other.

What do you guys think? Air in the lines or something? The tractor is only 3 years old.

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
Take a shop rag, and a bolt or punch, and relieve the pressure, on one line for each cylinder, by pressing against the center ball, of the fitting. Could just be solar heating of the fluid in the hoses, causing the system to tighten up. Use the shop rag to catch any fluid spray, to be safe...:D:D

tsafa

Equipment
Kubota L3800, FEL, F550 Dump, 10K Trailer
Nov 3, 2013
Tobyhanna, PA
Take a shop rag, and a bolt or punch, and relieve the pressure, on one line for each cylinder, by pressing against the center ball, of the fitting. Could just be solar heating of the fluid in the hoses, causing the system to tighten up. Use the shop rag to catch any fluid spray, to be safe...:D:D
I think I did what you mean. I pushed down on the nipple of each male plug of the controller. I did notice that the fluid was coming out kind of foamy. Doing so did not make the connection any easier.

PorkBolt

Equipment
B2601, 60" MMM, SSQA FEL, Kubota Ballast Box
Sep 22, 2015
Elburn, Illinois
Insert a punch of appropriates size wrapped in a shop rag. Insert into female end of DEL hydraulic hoses. Apply a quick swing of a rubber mallet while wearing safe glasses, etc.

This will remove pressure in the FEL.

If the loader was disconnected when cool and then warmed by Sun the pressure builds where you can hardly attach the FEL.

Happens all the time to me.

LeG

Equipment
B3200HSD,FEL, MidMount Mower and Back blade
Apr 25, 2016
Michigan
Wait till the cooler morning, that's been helpful when I haven't dumped the pressure completely after detaching my FEL.

ehenry

Equipment
BX22, FEL, BH, 40" pto tiller, 42" Bushog Squealer, pto hole digger, B7300 w/60"
Mar 25, 2014
Canton, MS
I didn't see it mentioned but were you trying to attach the quick connects while the tractor was running?