b6200 hydraulic help

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
Yes if the oil seal on the end of the pump is worn it will leak hydraulic fluid into the engine crankcase.

Ed Hill

Equipment
B3000 with Meteor drag snowblower and mid-mount mower; M7040 with accessories
Jun 22, 2009
Wheelock, VT
From my experience, if the hydraulic pump is original, you may need to replace the entire pump rather than just the seal. I replaced a seal but the next year, the pump. I traded the tractor, so I don't know how it held up.

Quagmire33

Equipment
B6200-d-hst. Great bend 220 FEL
May 27, 2014
Central Mass, USA
Yes it can. On my b6200 it was leaking into the engine oil and I replaced the seal. Think it was about $6 at my local kubota dealer. Took me a couple hours to get the pump out, change the seal and put it all back together. I was told by many people that it probably wouldn't work and if it did, it wouldn't hold for long. I have to say, so far so good. But then again I only have about 10 hours on the machine since I did it. My pump is weak and I intend to replace it when i get the money together. But it's a quick, cheap, temporary solution to the problem. And if for nothing else, it'll give you the experience for when it's time to change the pump. Good luck.

Buford T

Aug 20, 2014
Pickering Ontario
I replaced the seal. We'll see how long it lasts as there are groves on the pump shaft, and you can't buy the gear-shaft seperate.....I'll have to buy a new pump
Thanks for the help

clippy

Equipment
Kubota B6100D w/ Kubota FL1000 Tiller, Kubota Bedder, Brush Hog Mower
Thanks for the update. Always good to hear how things turn out for future reference. Sorry it cost you the 600 bucks though. Hope you have it fixed now.