What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Mike_B

Equipment
B2320 w/MMM & FEL, & a bunch of Stihl power equipment. Lincoln SA250 for repairs
Oct 27, 2012
the Dusty South
A couple of days after the fact but did the 250 hr service this past Sunday, with some other pm items added. Actually I only supervised my 15 year old son doing the work. He also did oil changes on 3 vehicles,. Priceless education for him & priceless father son teaching time for me. With a side of relaxation!

Last edited:

dtbprc

Equipment
BX2230
Oct 21, 2014
Auburn Township, OH
www.youtube.com
cut gras for last time this season- taking off mower deck to clean, sand, paint and put away. putting on hydraulic snow plow. HOW DO I TAKE OFF THE HYDRAULIC CUP/COVERS? one sticks when cold and it either rusty or has water in it. Cant get it off- don't want to break it:eek:

dtimber

Equipment
1985 L2550 w BF400FG loader and Woods BF750G Backhoe
Oct 20, 2014
Cape Neddick,Maine
I picked up a "new to me" 5100 in the heavy rain last night. After work tonight, I started it for the first time and figured out (after reviewing the manual) how to get it to move. Loaded and hauled some stone for the retaining wall.

apeckham

Equipment
L3800HST, Buhler 6' Finish Mower, Land Pride APS500, Land Pride RB3774
Feb 24, 2014
Corning, IA, USA
Bought my L3800HST this past April with 70 hours on it. She needed a home fitting of her so a new shop was in order. Took one bay of my pole barn, a little concrete, walls, insulation, roof, heater and associated tools in one place for doing regular maint on all my "toys". Spent most of the summer cleaning up a 150 Pine tree pile that I had pushed up with a dozer, lots of burning, repiling, seperating and so forth. Got all done and had a huge pile of dirt, hey why don't we build on the pole barn! Over two months hauled all the dirt required to build up the pad for the addition. So, I thought getting that project completed it was time to mention what a valuable asset she has come to the operation. BTW - just did the 200 hour maintenance, so 130 hours since end of April. Wished I had bought one sooner!

Attachments

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well mulchin leaves and i hear a noise sounds like welll like something hitting the blade, I figured it was a stick wedged some how and the blade was hitting it,, nope,, ok up to the garage lots of leaves onthe deck blowem off,, of cant see anything outside the mower deck pully guards,,, take them off blow it out and nuts and bolts and lock washer were every place,,, WTH:confused:, 3 of the bolts that hold the pulley onthe shaft were gonzo, the nut was off the other and you could move the blade back and forth and watch the nolt move,,, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad:.. take the deck off unhook the idler spring ,,oh they will fly all the way across the garage, just a little side note here,,,,get the air wrench out take the big retaining nut off, pully shaft falls through the hole,, and i sit and shake my head,, anyway found bolts and nuts and lock washers cleaned it all with break clean and then used BLUE GOO to make sure those nuts dont come off again untill I want them off!!! Ya know putting that belt back on is a real PIA!!!!

84cj

Equipment
Bx1800, 60 inch mower, front snowblower and bucket.
Aug 8, 2013
Gorham, Maine
Did the big maintenance on the BX last Thursday. With 722 hours and an unknown maintenance history, thought I should do it. Should have done it sooner. I don't believe the screen has ever been cleaned for the hyd. I did oil and filter, both fuel filters, air filter, checked the front diff/axle, new hydraulic fluid, filter and cleaned the screen. Also installed the block heater I bought for it last year and fresh coolant. Removed the muffler, made it a lot easier. A grease and wash followed. Than the cab went on.

84cj

Equipment
Bx1800, 60 inch mower, front snowblower and bucket.
Aug 8, 2013
Gorham, Maine
Yup, mostly metal. O rings are on the hose that's sandwiched between the screen housing and case.

Bmello

Equipment
B2650
Oct 10, 2014
Creighton, missouri
Cut drainage ditches on about 4500 feet of our drive. Then cleared a tree down in our creek. Gave the Husky chainsaw and me a workout.

My b2650 made it easy, except for the sawing. Loaded the cut logs up on the trailer and pulled back to the house. Once I split, I'll probably have 2 cords of wood.

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
Well today was the fall service/checkup for the L275. It got a good looking over before I steam cleaned it and again after. Found that the steering gear box was leaning. After its bath I made a new gasket for the steering and refilled it with grease. Checked and adjusted all the tires for correct psi. Checked the lights, changed the oil and filter, gently blew the air filter clean, checked the hydro level, inspected all hoses, checked all linkage for proper adjustment, blew the radiator fins clean, changed the coolant, greased all fittings, reset the necking knob, replaced compression release cable, and maybe a few other things that I have forgotten. Should be all set for the winter.:cool:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Well today was the fall service/checkup for the L275. It got a good looking over before I steam cleaned it and again after. Found that the steering gear box was leaning. After its bath I made a new gasket for the steering and refilled it with grease. Checked and adjusted all the tires for correct psi. Checked the lights, changed the oil and filter, gently blew the air filter clean, checked the hydro level, inspected all hoses, checked all linkage for proper adjustment, blew the radiator fins clean, changed the coolant, greased all fittings, reset the necking knob, replaced compression release cable, and maybe a few other things that I have forgotten. Should be all set for the winter.:cool:
Wow, very thorough. Want to do mine next?:rolleyes:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Your making me look lazy. Changed the oil and filters and changed the headlights to led's. The old sockets had worn out due to old age

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CJN8

Equipment
B2650HSD, LA534 FEL, Gearmore Box Blade, Bush Hog, Cimmeron Rake
Nov 16, 2013
San Diego, CA
Kubota b7200 hst

1. Re-sealed the PTO
2. Re-sealed the hydraulic piston on the 3 point hitch, polished out the nicks and scratches on the piston/bore, should not leak down any more
3. Installed new headlights
4. Changed the HST screen, it was corroded and plugged
5. Previous owner welded the 1640 QA loader into the loader pockets on the tractor so it could not detach, cut the welds and made it a QA again
6. Disassembled and cleaned/lubed the linkage on the loader valve, works like new now

Next week I will be re-packing the lift and curl cylinders on the loader, I am determined to fix all the leaks

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Daren, how did you mount the lights? Did you have to modify the existing metal any?

It's easier to show. It was a fog light kit for a car. Just drilled a couple holes in the mounting brackets that came with the lights and replaced the screws that held the lens in place with the slightly bigger ones that came in the kit. Took about 1/2 an hour. I used some door gaskets from an old truck to trim around the lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
5. Previous owner welded the 1640 QA loader into the loader pockets on the tractor so it could not detach, cut the welds and made it a QA again
Every time I read something like this, I gotta wonder- What in the world was the previous owner thinking?:eek::confused:

Hammer Head

Equipment
L3800 LA524 B77, Ford 1720, Scag Tiger Cat
Oct 6, 2013
Lock Haven, PA
Today I shimmed my PRV to bump the pressure up from 2400PSI to 2700PSI.
I wanted to improve the lift capacity with my forks. I know the max. lift before the change and hope to determine the difference in the next couple of days.
I also filled the rear tires with 26 Gal. of Windshield fluid.