Busted Bracket

Hillbilly Engineer

Equipment
BX25D, Land leveler
Apr 20, 2015
Cadet, MO
Has anyone replaced the bracket that holds the floor pan to the right side of the BX25D tractor. There is a bracket that looks like its cast in once piece, fitting under the radiator then out on each side of the frame to hold the front of the floor pan. I was pushing some junk and a piece of wood came up and pushed the bracket or floor pan until it bent and then broke that bracket. Thank goodness it didn't get into the hydro.

Floor pan is pushed back down but the bracket is toast.

Help..

Attachments

tcrote5516

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, 50" Front Blower, Heated Cab, 6' blade, 3pt carry all, 3pt hitch
Sep 2, 2014
Southern New Hampshire
That bracket allways made me nervous because it is cast and I guess it was with good reason. My cab bolts up to it and I was worried about how much weight it could hold. I can't help you with replacing it but it looks like it's a decent amount of work just to get it free.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck:(

Hillbilly Engineer

Equipment
BX25D, Land leveler
Apr 20, 2015
Cadet, MO
Last night I found an exploded view. Man, one piece cast in the center. Like you said its a decent amount of work just to set it free. I think i'm going to explore fabricating a support for that side of the pan.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
I'd take a bunch of photos and show them to an experienced TIG welder. There may be a chance to weld that back in position without taking much apart. The crux of the idea however is to be sure that this casting can be welded that way (via TIG). I've had some castings of aluminum fixed that way and they hold well.

Hillbilly Engineer

Equipment
BX25D, Land leveler
Apr 20, 2015
Cadet, MO
Ouch!!! that is one expensive piece. I love my BX but of all things i broke, I had to break that.. thanks for all your help..