L3240hst error 83 . Now won't start

Buffalorun

May 1, 2015
Ruffs Dale, PA
Hi all. First time poster, long time kubota owner.
Have an L3240hst which has been throwing code 83 cruise control for about a month or so. It ran fine and I never used cruise which would not function since getting code, so I didn't mess with it. Error code went away for a while but came back a few days ago. Today it started inching forward without engaging cruise, so I shut it off, now it won't start. Turned on key to acc, error 83 code appears, turn key to start panel reads transmission neutral and she won't even attempt to fire. My question is, is there anyone that ever bypassed cruise sensor and if so how to jump wires. Thanks and looking forward to all the kubota chatter

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I think you will need the WSM manual for your model to figure this out. Mine for the 3560, shows a switch with 10 pins and what is supposed to be in continuity with what, and when set, increase neutral, decrease, and cancel. It is a rocker with 5 positions. The middle position is neutral. Since it is a switch, cleaning the contacts might solve your problem, or looking for a loose wire. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Did you try any of the things that are supposed to disengage the cruise control? It sounds like it still is on. My owner's manual says for one method

To disengage cruise control device:
Press the rear half of the cruise control switch to the second step.
Depress both brake pedals. (I think they mean simultaneously)
Depress the speed control pedal in reverse.

It does not tell you if these should be done one at a time or all together. Maybe someone else with cruise operating normally knows.

It is also supposed to disengage if you step on the brakes, but I am wondering if the above sequence would work to get you out of cruise control with the main switch "on" but not to start? If so then the start sequence should be functional again.

Buffalorun

May 1, 2015
Ruffs Dale, PA
Thanks all for the replies.... Stupid me. Wiggles the foot throttle back and forth a couple time and it fired right up.. Maybe had some dirt or something in it. Dah..... Unplugged the cruise control wire from controller . Still throws the error 83 code, but not concerned as I never used it anyhow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk