L3800 PTO won't shut off

apeckham

Equipment
L3800HST, Buhler 6' Finish Mower, Land Pride APS500, Land Pride RB3774
Feb 24, 2014
Corning, IA, USA
My L3800HST had issues with the PTO not shutting off. What I found was the cable was buckling between the lever and the cable shroud. Went to my dealer and the parts guy said that some had an issue with how the cable was routed and the lift arms for the two point would pinch the cable making it hard to move. He fixed me up with a new cable and when I took the old one off there was definitely some damage.

Something to check.

isucowboyvet

Equipment
L3800HST
Aug 28, 2013
Richland, IA
My L3800 did the same thing. Mine was also buckling under the lever. I undid the wire and removed the boot to expose the cable and put a tiny amount of light penetrating oil in there and let it run down inside the cable. Hopefully it won't collect too much dirt. That was a year ago, and no problems since.

Mike of Southern IL

Equipment
2014 Kubota L3200 HST 4-WD, FEL,
Jun 17, 2014
Pocahontas, IL USA
My L3800 did the same thing. Mine was also buckling under the lever. I undid the wire and removed the boot to expose the cable and put a tiny amount of light penetrating oil in there and let it run down inside the cable. Hopefully it won't collect too much dirt. That was a year ago, and no problems since.
2nd that advice! Mine did the same thing. A little light oil did the trick.