Hydraulic Connector Covers

Rivertrac

Equipment
B2620, LA364 Loader, RCK60-29B MMM, B2781 Blower, 48" KK Tiller,
Nov 17, 2011
Grand Rapids, MN
This has probably been covered in the past but a search did not turn up anything so here goes.
I have a four year old B2620 and those plastic covers for the male hydraulic ports are a joke to say the least. Is there such a thing as a metallic cap/cover that engages like the female hose connector so I can keep the unused ports clean and if so where can they be found.

As an alternative one could just use mating female connectors with the hose end of the fitting blocked off but I have no idea what size/specification to look for as this does not appear to be identified in the manual so help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I get my covers from the local JD dealer. They are very good quality and will stay put on the lines. Sorry, I don't have any pics of them but it's nothing like the junk from TSC. These really work.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
It was my impression they are a standard type coupler. We used female. Couplers with ball removed to keep from opening male end. Threaded end was plugged and a ring attatched to a tether. Most expensive way to go, but best in my opinion. Was on a post hole auger we mounted on bucket.

Rivertrac

Equipment
Nov 17, 2011
Grand Rapids, MN
Thanks for the response guys but unfortunately I still don't have the information I'm needing. What is the size/specification I would need to find a mating female coupling?

Yes, I could go to my dealer and get the parts but previous experience has shown them to be highly overpriced and since the intended use is only to keep the unused male connectors clean, I can't really see spending any more than necessary. Looking at these fittings at our local farm store I can see a number of different sizes and configurations so just trying to make the right choice the first time.

Rivertrac

Equipment
Nov 17, 2011
Grand Rapids, MN
No picture but the numbers/letters on the female connector are "OD-ISOB" and "ACCUTEK".

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
This has probably been covered in the past but a search did not turn up anything so here goes.
I have a four year old B2620 and those plastic covers for the male hydraulic ports are a joke to say the least. Is there such a thing as a metallic cap/cover that engages like the female hose connector so I can keep the unused ports clean and if so where can they be found.

As an alternative one could just use mating female connectors with the hose end of the fitting blocked off but I have no idea what size/specification to look for as this does not appear to be identified in the manual so help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Are you talking about the couplers on the loader control or are you talking about rear remotes?

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
If you go to local farm /auto/hydraulic supply, the ISO "B" is the classification you need to know. Then you need to know size- 3/8 or 1/2 npt are the commonly used on smaller tractors.
Taking a coupler off may be your easiest path.
Then you need to take new end apart so it doesent depress ball in other end of coupling. Just for giggles, ask if they have good quality covers/plugs.

Let us know how it works out