Kubota L3750DT

Kasey

Equipment
B2150 HSD
May 1, 2015
Medford, NY
Hello All,

I've recently purchased a Kubota L3750DT with a 4 in 1 loader in an estate sale. The seller has no idea of any maintenance history or anything else on this tractor. This is my first tractor and I have no idea what everything does on it. If anyone can point me in a direction on instructions or manuals that would be great.

Also I have to do some service on the machine as well like changing the oil, hydraulic fluids and coolant. Please keep in mind I have never worked on a tractor before, I have some basic car maintenance knowledge. I have questions like.... Does it take regular automotive motor oil? The filler cap says "10w-30" or do I get something else for the desiel engine? This is also my first desiel engine.
In regards to the hydraulic fluids I've read somewhere I can use Super-Tech-Tractor-Hydraulic-Oil from Walmart.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kasey

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
Welcome, the maintenance is really no different from a process standpoint. Drain, replace filter, refill, etc.

Yes use diesel rated oil. Rotella, Delo, Delvac, etc.

I use Walmart tractor fluid, but mine's an old gear drive. Guys with newer HST machines usually like to spend a little more for Kubota UDT.

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Welcome to OTT Kasey from Alabama.
Since you have a gear driven tractor, you could probably get by with Super Tech or regular UDT.
Yes, as Karl said, most people use Rotella.
Best thing to do is get an Operators Manual and Workshop Manual.
You could try: http://kubota.servicemanualvault.com/ for the WSM.

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
The L3750DT is a tough old beast! We bought a very well used one 15 years ago and are still working the crap out of it. I found a service manual on line somewhere years ago, shouldn't be hard to find one. Any diesel rated oil is fine, we use Rotella. Cheap hydro oil seems to work OK, but I like Kubota SUDT2 better...

Kasey

Equipment
B2150 HSD
May 1, 2015
Medford, NY
Thank you all for your replies. I will look at the link you sent me mickeyd.

I went to the dealer to pick up some filters (oil, transmission same hydraulic, gas and air) when the parts guy told me that $98 for a 5 gal hydraulic oil my jaw dropped.

So doing some research online and went looking around at some stores saw at Walmart Super Tech Tractor Hydraulic Oil, around $25 for a 2gal
Anyone know the weight of this oil?

And at samsclub I saw Certified R & O Hydraulic Oil AW-46 - about $40 for a 5 Gallon Bucket. search online that the aw46 is 20 weight oil.

Does anyone know the difference between these two hydraulic oils?
Price wise the 5 gal bucket is a better buy at samsclub.

Has anyone use this on their tractor and would this be safe to use?

Thanks again in advance for all your help and advice.

Kasey

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
Just as a point of clarification, some fluids are labeled as hydraulic, some as tractor fluid. I don't know what the real difference is, but I use tractor fluid that is labeled for gears, hydraulics, and wet brakes. The Walmart tractor fluid is very light.

Service Dept. Vic has a bunch of short videos that cover a lot of the new owner material, there's a link in the upper right hand side. Check the articles too.