L345DT Transmission Repair

ckarnes

Equipment
L345DT, L2501 LA525, BH77
Jun 25, 2014
Sadieville, KY
Well I split the tractor to fix an oil leak at the front of the transmission. While at it I decided to look at a gear noise while in second gear. It's not good. The gear is machined as part of the main shaft. It has broken and badly worn teeth. I'm having trouble locating this part. No news ones are available and I haven't found any scrap yard ones. Anyone have any suggestions?

Part # 35340-21510

Thanks.

Last edited:

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
ewww... that looks awful!

So sad for your difficulty. And I appreciate the jam you're in trying to find parts. It seems you've already done the things that I would try. Next stop would be to visit a machine shop with the part in hand, and ask for their advice, listen carefully, then ask for an estimate. If their price didn't cause heart palpitations or fainting, I might jump on it. Otherwise, I would take it under advisement and get a second, third, forth, and perhaps fifth opinion.

Fortunately, the part appears (your camera didn't hold focus very well) to have been machined, which means a machinist can machine another (as opposed to a cast part, which wouldn't be a 'direct' creation).

Good luck. Please keep us posted on your progress! And thanks for the picture -- we're universally pic junkies!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

ckarnes

Equipment
Jun 25, 2014
Sadieville, KY
Yes, I found the tractorx.com site a few days ago. I called them, they don't have it and can not get it. There website was wrong. I appreciate the help.

Yeah, I'm looking to go to a machine shop now. It is a machined part, not cast. So, will find out.

I tried West Kentucky Tractor the other day. However, I didn't know that those other models use the same shaft. I will have to try calling them again. Thanks for the info.

ckarnes

Equipment
Jun 25, 2014
Sadieville, KY
I finally track down a good used shaft. It took several weeks though. Got all the gaskets and items I needed. Now putting it back together.