BX2350 and new owner

Thebigmidget

Equipment
BX2350
Apr 29, 2015
TN
Hi everybody!

I'm to the forum and new to owning my own Kubota lawn tractor. My wife and I recently bought a BX2350 from a neighbor who was moving. When we bought it everything was working great. We got the bucket attachment as well as the mower deck, post hole digger, and a tiller. We have been using it off and on over the last year but last week the rear 3 point hitch quit working and we are stumped as to what it could be

The wife was using the tiller in the garden and when she was done with it she raised it all the way up. Nothing out of the ordinary really but then she tried to lower it again and it will not lower. The bucket attachment on the front end still works just fine... Maybe a little slower then normal. When I asked her if she moved any handles, levers, or twist anything she said nothing but the up and down for 3 point and the rod to engage the PTO.

When we try to lower the 3 point it makes no noise at all.. When we try and raise the 3 point it seems to make a staining sound. So what Im wondering it what could be wrong before I go the old fashion way and pull it apart and rebuild it.

My ideas are that 1) im low on fluid? 2)We have a blown out O ring somewhere or 3) the 3 point hitch it caught on something... Not likely as I can move it around freely while it is hanging.

Any advise that someone might have would be of great help. I can check back soon but I don't often use the internet.

Also, the nearest dealer is about 3 hours away so taking it there isn't really any option.

Thank you very much for any advise.

Michael

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
If you have the manual, under section "Hydraulic Unit" you will see the functions of the knob aimed back under you just under your crotch. Turn it all the way clockwise and you lock the three point parts from going down. It is meant to control too fast a drop of the tools back there if you wish. Works like a faucet.

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Welcome to OTT Thebigmidget. What pa.rt of TN are you from?

Mactool

Equipment
L3301HST S185 cat425
Apr 17, 2015
Alborn, MN
Don't feel bad bud I had the same thing happen to me took me some time exploring the tractor to figure it out now if I just had my tractor back only got to use mine for 2.4 hours before it blew up

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
If you have the manual, under section "Hydraulic Unit" you will see the functions of the knob aimed back under you just under your crotch. Turn it all the way clockwise and you lock the three point parts from going down. It is meant to control too fast a drop of the tools back there if you wish. Works like a faucet.
I think you have nailed it on the head. I thought I had broke mine the first time it didn't work like I thought it should.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Lowering is a function of Sir Isaac Newton's gravity thingy. If you are experiencing problems with Gravity, you can reach Sir Newton at Westminster Abby in England. http://www.westminster-abbey.org/our-history/people/sir-isaac-newton

If you are experiencing your hydraulics not flowing correctly, then check the things as listed above by others and also make sure it's not 'stuck'.
The Russian unstick method involves a large hammer.
The redneck method usually involves a relative named Bubba bouncing up and down on the attachment.
The scientific method requires disassembly of all components and re-lubrication of them.
The mechanics method is their choice of those three methods.

I suggest you use the mechanics method.

Let us know how it works out. :D

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Lowering is a function of Sir Isaac Newton's gravity thingy. If you are experiencing problems with Gravity, you can reach Sir Newton at Westminster Abby in England. http://www.westminster-abbey.org/our-history/people/sir-isaac-newton

If you are experiencing your hydraulics not flowing correctly, then check the things as listed above by others and also make sure it's not 'stuck'.
The Russian unstick method involves a large hammer.
The redneck method usually involves a relative named Bubba bouncing up and down on the attachment.
The scientific method requires disassembly of all components and re-lubrication of them.
The mechanics method is their choice of those three methods.

I suggest you use the mechanics method.

Let us know how it works out. :D
Now THAT'S some funny stuff!:D!:D:cool:

Thebigmidget

Equipment
BX2350
Apr 29, 2015
TN
Thanks everyone for your ideas on what it could be. Sadly I still haven't been able to get the 3 point hitch to drop.

One thing though, I tried the twist knob below the seat.... I cant get it to still at all. Not clockwise or counterclockwise. Is there a certain set up that I need to have the tractor in? Ive tried a bunch of things already.

Also, Do I need to get the weight off the 3 point in order to still the knob?

Thanks for all the advise. Im already learning more about my tractor.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Michael -

Just to be more clear, there may well be 2 knobs down there.

One is numbered 1-4 and "TOP" for MMM height adjustment.

The other is the speed adjustment for lowering the 3PH, and can also lock it in place. This is the one the guys are referring to.

You probably are trying the correct one - but I wanted to clarify just in case!;)

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
It is the one more to the right of center with a horizontal shaft. The one more to the left, for mower height adjustment, with the numbers on it usually can't be turned unless the three point arms are at full top position. Since yours are at the top, that seems like a problem for the dealer. I have heard that sometimes these don't like to turn anyhow.

Weight on the three point should not be affecting these knobs.