GotB6200

Equipment
B6200
Mar 10, 2015
Burlington,VT
Hello all!
I'm a recent B6200 owner.
I don't know the year of the tractor.
Maybe someone can tell me what to look for.
However, a local dealer told me even the serial numbers might not tell the year.
Anyway..... wrongly assumed that I could let the unit sit outside in the winter and go out anytime and start it up expecting the front bucket to work.

Last January when temps were 20degrees F and lower, I found the hydraulics wouldn't work.

I assumed it was water in the fluid so I dumped out the reservoir.
Found the filter was all gummed up and cleaned that.
Then put new hydro-oil in from the dealer.
And it ran fine all winter and next summer.

This winter I went out on a 20 degree day and the bucket wouldn't work at all. So I'm thinking that the unit really needs to be kept in a heated space for winter use. Is that what most people do?

Also, I think I didn't follow the correct procedure for getting all of the oil fluid out. I think I'm supposed to raise the bucket and then drop the fluid out...or something like that. I hear that some people will use compressed air to blow out the fluid piping?

Where do I obtain information on how all of that is done?
Also, at this point, I've discovered the loader control is dry.
So I hoping there is a way for me to check if the pump is working.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
It is reasonable to leave the machine outside: and to expect it to start, and to operate at 20F. I don't know of anyone who leaves their machines outside and can't get them going, even at -40F (though with motor heater and other aids).

I agree with your surmise: you prolly didn't properly drain the system. Perhaps you even left some sludge in the system. But first, check the fluid level. Then start it and warm it up. Fully retract and extend the cylinders a few times, then park it and check the fluid level. I don't believe it would fail to lift the loader if only low on fluid, it should make some noisy complaints, but...

You need good manuals. I got some very satisfactory ones from Messick's but if you need them right now, you can download some sorta okay (free) copies from kubotabooks.com

GotB6200

Equipment
B6200
Mar 10, 2015
Burlington,VT
Thanks very much!
I found a parts manual for the loader on the http://kubotabooks.com/ link.
Many thanks for that.
I also purchased a DVD service manual from ebay from a Canadian group.
But I'm not sure that it is the original Kubota service manual.
But the price difference was huge.
So we'll see.
Do you know of a way I can test the hydro- pump assembly?
I believe it is located up front tucked up against the side of the engine.
I wonder if I can apply hoses to it with a bucket of fluid?
Just to see if its working?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sometime it takes several fluid changes to get all the water out.

You can remove the high pressure feed line to the loader, fasten it into a bucket, and run it to find out if the pump is moving fluid.

You don't need to flush the fluid out of the loader cylinders, they surprisingly hold very little fluid.

There are several drain plugs on most tractor models make sure they are all drained.

GotB6200

Equipment
B6200
Mar 10, 2015
Burlington,VT
Thanks!
I wondered about that myself.
I was thinking about pulling the bucket off this week if I can.
So I can raise up the loader arms.
And see if anything comes out.
But I'll check out trying to pull the output of the pump into a bucket.
My repair/parts manual only shows one plug.
But I'll see if I can't trace all of the lines and look for another possible plug.
Thanks!

IronworkerFXR

Equipment
B7100 , B2910 , L48,, Deeres and Cats
Mar 9, 2015
Virginia Beach VA
seems your jumping the gun here , in my experiences with the hydraulic filters when contaminated fluid, ie water , they loose their ability to pass fluid. so why jump to the pump when it can be a supply problem to it . have had to heat several machines for people because of water contamination, even if left under a shed roof the hot cold cycles in the spring and fall cause condensation to build up in them . first thing I do to old long term sitting equipment is pull the drain plug , you be surprised in how much water can gather in a case. but if its mixed its almost impossible to separate it out.

GotB6200

Equipment
B6200
Mar 10, 2015
Burlington,VT
Hey I wanted to post results from my work on the B6200 Hydraulics
And thank you all very much for the information you kindly provided.
GOT THE HIDRO WORKING YEH!!!
I dumped all of the fluid again....this time into large plastic soda bottles.
Left it sit for a full week.
Came back out and noticed a milky coating of about 1 inch from the bottom of each of the bottles.
Disconnected the hydro-hoses from the front metal tubes which are mounted near the bucket, and distribute fluid to both sides.
Then disconnected one end of each of the pistons so I could push the piston in and out. This pumping action, I was able to pump fluid out of the hoses and metal tubes. I really should have had some plastic on the ground to catch it, but didn't think of it until it was too late.
Cleaned the reservoir filter which was actually still quite clean.
Then connected everything back together and poured the fluid back into the reservoir using a siphon plastic tube to ensure the slug on the bottom of the bottles didn't go back. Started up the tractor and ITS ALIVE!! :)
Thanks very much again... all of you who took the time to answer.
You are awesome!!

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
Thanks for the feedback!

I'm going to keep a couple of your "procedures" in mind when I have to put mine on life-support.

One thing I'd suggest is to be wary of your fluid. I've read that moisture doesn't completely settle out -- I gather that it must be either filtered out or evaporated out.