BX2660 rough start

wooneye

Dec 16, 2011
Holland Mich.
Good morning gentlemen (and ladies),
Last couple of times I started the 'ol girl, she started rough for a few seconds but then smoothed out. She's an '08 w/550 hrs. on her. Injectors? Fuel filters? Both? And if you guys (or ladies) think it may be one or the other or both, can you point me to any posts, videos to help me through the process.

Thanks
Bob (in SW Mich. where it was 13 degrees yesterday morning)

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Type of fuel is relevant too. Its a little cool for the diesel to start. Stored indoors or out, and is a block heater used. These are points that need to be considered

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Good morning gentlemen (and ladies),
Last couple of times I started the 'ol girl, she started rough for a few seconds but then smoothed out. She's an '08 w/550 hrs. on her. Injectors? Fuel filters? Both? And if you guys (or ladies) think it may be one or the other or both, can you point me to any posts, videos to help me through the process.

Thanks
Bob (in SW Mich. where it was 13 degrees yesterday morning)
How old is the fuel in the tank ? If "new" fuel, there will be additives in the fuel to keep it from gelling, if old - you might need to get so anti gel additives there. Cold, cold is hard on all the parts. Good idea is the check filters - the fuel filter will really not be a problem of "starting" rather than the running. I would say that all of us have a "problem" when it is that cold out. IF IT started to run better after a "few" seconds, then I would hit the glow plugs harder (longer) on cold start ups. You could run some injector cleaner through there too.

wooneye

Dec 16, 2011
Holland Mich.
Thanx gentlemen, it got to a balmy 38 degrees here today and she fired right up. Went and filled it up w/new fuel as it only was run about 8 hours all winter and there was 1/2 tank left. That should do the trick.