What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Rosher18

Equipment
L185DT (1977)
Aug 2, 2016
Salem, Oregon
I put the front end up on blocks Monday night after grading our horse arena. It's been whining from the right front corner (sounds like gears) and I have been trying to figure out the source of the sound since. I've got a thread going in Maintenance if anyone has some advice.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

afret

Equipment
L3901, MX5800, U55-4
May 7, 2015
North Idaho
Took out several pine stumps with the U55 for practice. They were in the 9 inch diameter range and they all just popped out without any digging. I was pretty surprised. I try to leave about a 2 foot high stump for leverage when I cut the trees down. It would usually take about 30 min with my BH77 to dig these size stumps out.

Hopefully the ripper blade will get here soon so I can tackle the bigger stumps without having to dig big holes with the bucket.

redmaher

Jun 23, 2016
US
Piled up the brush pile and proved no stump will beat the Orange bota.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

L3010HST

Equipment
L3010HST w/LA481 loader; Land Pride RB2672 Blade and RF2060 Rotary
Apr 29, 2013
PNW
I didn't know you could get one...scared to ask but how much?
I was surprised too when I saw it in my parts diagram for my oil seal pt#.

Paid $99 through my local Dealer. Even my Dealer said whoa on price. I said better be made from titanium and bullet proof for that much. On-line vendors sell it for cheaper, but add their shipping and it was more than my Dealer out-the-door.

Have to say though, I was expecting this cap to be one piece for the price, it's not. I could've made one 10+ times cheaper with my welder and scrap metal from my bone yard. Expensive lesson learn and I'm in the wrong business compared to the profit Kubota made for what it is and how it was made.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I was surprised too when I saw it in my parts diagram for my oil seal pt#.

Paid $99 through my local Dealer. Even my Dealer said whoa on price. I said better be made from titanium and bullet proof for that much. On-line vendors sell it for cheaper, but add their shipping and it was more than my Dealer out-the-door.

Have to say though, I was expecting this cap to be one piece for the price, it's not. I could've made one 10+ times cheaper with my welder and scrap metal from my bone yard. Expensive lesson learn and I'm in the wrong business compared to the profit Kubota made for what it is and how it was made.
Thanks for the reply L3010HST, I think we have to open our own stealership.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Nice job RCW, I know it wasn't any fun doing that slope, never looks as steep as what it really is in pictures. Your soil looks like mine, a lot of clay and rocks anyway good job.
Thanks - it's been a challenge, both for slope and weather.

Getting there....I thought to update my other thread - Grading Advice - under Tractor Operating.

You're so correct - the slopes don't represent well in a photo - parts of that are "Wheels Up" steep with the FEL on, but it doesn't show well.. Hoping it will be a little better after this......:p

Last edited:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
My neighbor up north is planning to erect a steel building (32'x45') and ran into a problem with the site being too close to the existing septic tank/leach field.
He called me last week & said he had a county inspector due out in 3 hours to discuss the situation & could I use my backhoe to locate & uncover the tank corners & leach lines. We were able to do so, and it turns out his original system was sized for a more bedrooms & fixtures than he has, so they will let him cap the offending line & abandon the outermost field, so he only has to move the building a few feet.
Sorry, no action shots; we were in such a hurry we just didn't have time for them.
These shots show the holes & what I had to dig through.

Attachments

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
I unloaded another 800 lbs of angle iron off my one ton's lumber rack. SO easy now with the extra height and capacity (and forks)I have on the L 3301 as compared to my earlier smaller tractor, that didn't have the reach. What would have been a half hour of hand labor took about 30 seconds. Then, moved a bunch of 6" steel pipe around, again, SO EASY.!

Fro65

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525, BH77, LP tiller, LP grader box, LP blade, BX2380
Dec 30, 2014
NorthEast Indiana
The past several years, my pond bank settled some. I spent the weekend using the hoe to pull back the bank. Then, I put 30 tons of new river rock around the whole bank. Also had 10 tons of topsoil to spread around at various low spots. Got it all seeded and strawed today.

Was such a nice day that I ended up playing in the orchard putting down about five yards of mulch. Still love having such a versatile machine to get things done on my schedule.:D

Attachments

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Fro65- Beautiful property! Whereabouts in NE Indiana? Just got off the phone with the wife's aunt & uncle (our second parents) from Schererville.

afret

Equipment
L3901, MX5800, U55-4
May 7, 2015
North Idaho
Cut down a couple of pines and took out the stumps with the mini ex. Had to dig a bit on 4 sides to bust the roots for the bigger one.

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado
Finished install of W.R. Long 3rd function kit, mounted the Everything Attachments "Wicked Root Rake Grapple For Kubota BX Tractors" and took down some sapling to test it out. Had to grind down some welds on the Grapple as they were interfering with Kubota quick hitch. Also had to tighten all the hydraulic fittings on the grapple... after spitting most of my hydraulic fluid onto the driveway. Topped off with some Mystic JT5. Will be draining and replacing with SUDT2 once it arrives from Messicks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk