Throttle lever won't stay in position

Little Hoss

Equipment
Kubota B7200
May 8, 2015
Tollhouse
Tried a search and could not find anything specific to my tractor. The throttle lever the hand one will not stay in an increased position on my B7200. There is a large spring on the linkage and it pulls it back to idle. Getting ready to use my Bush Hog and want to be able to set the engine speed and have it stay in that position. Have downloaded the operator's manual and also the shop manual but can't find a picture of the linkage or the parts that should be involved. Has anyone got any info on this.

Little Hoss

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Snug up the nut that holds the throttle handle in place :)

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Tried a search and could not find anything specific to my tractor. The throttle lever the hand one will not stay in an increased position on my B7200. There is a large spring on the linkage and it pulls it back to idle. Getting ready to use my Bush Hog and want to be able to set the engine speed and have it stay in that position. Have downloaded the operator's manual and also the shop manual but can't find a picture of the linkage or the parts that should be involved. Has anyone got any info on this.

Little Hoss
Hoss,

check this out :

Dusty got cha covered!:)

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1724

Little Hoss

Equipment
Kubota B7200
May 8, 2015
Tollhouse
I cannot see a nut holding the throttle lever on mine has a washer and cotter pin in the area where the pictures show the double nut arrangement.Maybe there is a tension washer under the cowl the gauges are in. Thanks for the thread thou Dusty.

Little Hoss

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Under he dash you will find a nut a spring washer and a flat washer that control the tension on the lever. ;)

Attachments

Little Hoss

Equipment
Kubota B7200
May 8, 2015
Tollhouse
OK thanks Wolfman I was needing to remove the dash to replace voltage regulator anyway. Can I lift it high enough to make changes or do I need to remove the steering wheel?

Little Hoss

I could just go out and try when I have had my coffee!!!

Zingab7200

Equipment
B7200 4wd gear. FEL. 4ft tiller
Feb 10, 2016
Batavia. OH
Hoss did you ever get it fixed? I'm dealing w the same situation on mine and would appreciate input from someone who's done it before.

Thanks.

cpalha

Equipment
B7200
Jan 5, 2020
portugal
Dear All

My Uncle has the B7200 4x4.
And a few days ago I drive it and I could see that the throttle does not work well.
After inspecting the connection between pedal throttle and manual throttle, something is not good.

Can some one please confirm with the photos that something is wrong?

Best
Carlos

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Dear All

My Uncle has the B7200 4x4.
And a few days ago I drive it and I could see that the throttle does not work well.
After inspecting the connection between pedal throttle and manual throttle, something is not good.

Can some one please confirm with the photos that something is wrong?

Best
Carlos
Carlos,
You are right, that bar should not be welded (soldered) on there.
Doing so makes the foot pedal throttle move the dash throttle, not good.
They might have done it because either the spring on the foot throttle pedal is broken and will not return on it's own, or the nuts that hold tension on the hand throttle are loose and will not hold it in position.

cpalha

Equipment
B7200
Jan 5, 2020
portugal
Hi North

Thanks for the answer.
Do you have some pics or draw that I can see the original system?

Best regards
carlos

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sorry I don't have a good picture of it, but everything else looks to be correct in your pictures it's just the added bar that's wrong.

Last edited:

cpalha

Equipment
B7200
Jan 5, 2020
portugal
Dear All

Finally I could resolve the throttle.
After a hard work, because at the first I thought that I need to add a spring to fix it and it does not work.

Then I could see a nut in the other side of the throttle and after analyse it I could see the it needs to be screwed to fix the throttle

best regards
carlos

Attachments