l345dt engine swap question

kdpearson

Equipment
Kubota L345DT, Kubota M4500DT, International 544, Ford 3000, 1949 8N Ford
May 5, 2015
Albany, OR
Here is a picture of the notch I had to cut in the front axle mount to clear the timing gear cover. If I was doing this again I would probably swap front covers and keep the original v1501 cover.
I mounted the FEL last night and was able to drive out of the shop! It felt good to get it going! Tonight i will work on the stop lever.

Any words of wisdom on the proper way to break this new engine in?

Attachments

kdpearson

Equipment
May 5, 2015
Albany, OR
Update:

After splitting the case one more time to adjust my 2 stage clutch (I know, I should have checked when I had it apart...) I have the V1702 installed and working in my L345DT. Now I can drive up the hill at my place in 4th gear instead of shifting down to 2nd and I'm happy.

Thanks for all the assistance along the way!
Ken

kdpearson

Equipment
May 5, 2015
Albany, OR
I do have a question. I noticed that when I throttle way up I get some black smoke from this new engine. I did go through the timing steps in the book and the injection timing was retarded. I removed a shim and now the timing is proper. Is there another adjustment to limit the fuel on the top end of the throttle?

Darrell S.

Equipment
BX2200
May 29, 2016
Rockwall. Texas
Did this project ever get completely figured out .
I have a tired L345 and have read your post . I would like a larger engine but I have been told that the physical dimensions of the larger displacement engines is different from the V1501-DA . I know this is an old post but I would like to follow in your foot steps and learn from your experiences .:)

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Did this project ever get completely figured out .
I have a tired L345 and have read your post . I would like a larger engine but I have been told that the physical dimensions of the larger displacement engines is different from the V1501-DA . I know this is an old post but I would like to follow in your foot steps and learn from your experiences .:)
according to his profile he's not been back since 2015. Suggest you try to PM as well. Sometimes user sets to get an Email when they get a PM. Just click his username.

Darrell S.

Equipment
BX2200
May 29, 2016
Rockwall. Texas
Thank you coachgeo , I was hoping to coax him into a public response so we could all benefit from his hard work , these old threads have been a wealth of information for me and hopefully others , I will do as you suggest and hope he see's it , with it being summer he's probably busy with his tractor.:rolleyes: