BX25 Relief Valve Shimming

Mork

Equipment
2014 BX25D
Apr 20, 2015
Mt Pearl, NL
I know this has been beaten to death but what have been your experience with shimming the relief valve on the BX25? Contrary to what I have read, there should be plenty of pressure headroom to increase the system up to 2K psi. Is there a noticeable increase in performance by doing this mod? I would like a little more bucket curl on both the FEL and BH.

J

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
you said it best. Its been beaten to death and well documented.

Large improvements can be had and there are very few examples if any of mechanical failure from the pressure increase. You do increase your risk of flipping over the machine as well as bending the bucket however.

I advise it if you're a skilled operator, knows when to let off without bending or breaking something, and need a little more oomph on your machine, assuming you have significant counterbalance.

koja

Equipment
BX25D
May 27, 2014
Fremont Mi.
you said it best. Its been beaten to death and well documented.

Large improvements can be had and there are very few examples if any of mechanical failure from the pressure increase. You do increase your risk of flipping over the machine as well as bending the bucket however.

I advise it if you're a skilled operator, knows when to let off without bending or breaking something, and need a little more oomph on your machine, assuming you have significant counterbalance.
X2, well said . I'm running just below 2000 psi , made quite a difference . Its been about 200hrs on the machine and no problems . Just use common sense and be careful operating .

redfernclan

Jul 18, 2014
Sweet home, Oregon
Stock pressure was 1750, bumped it to 1950. It will now pick the front end up with ease. Check my past posts, I believe I documented part numbers and prices on shims. Also how much I used and how much was gained. Cheapest upgrade you will do.