GR2120 Deck Hydraulic Problem

Greg Lockhart

Equipment
GR2120
May 25, 2015
West Virginia
I have a new GR2120 mower (17 hours). So far I'm well pleased with it... although it was a little pricey. It has developed a slight problem with the hydraulic deck lift. When everything is cold it works properly. After it warms up there is a squealing noise when the deck is raised.... something in the hydraulic system. I've called the dealer's service dept. and the technician I talked to thought it might be the hydraulic cylinder that lifts the deck. They're going to send me a replacement cylinder... hopefully that will take care of the problem. Just wondering if anyone on here has had a similar problem or has any other ideas as to what the problem might be.
Thanks

jayclmnt

Equipment
Kubota RTV 900, John Deere x475
May 25, 2015
Frye Island,Maine
Thats odd that it only happens when warm. It could be that you have dirt in the loop. Are you constantly changing attachments? Try lubricating all the moving parts with some good old WD40. Hope this helps!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Does the noise continue after the deck is all the way up, if it does then I would suspect an adjustment in the valve because it's still applying pressure after it's reached top.

Greg Lockhart

Equipment
GR2120
May 25, 2015
West Virginia
Thanks Guys,
No, no attachment changing... and with only 17 hours on it nothing should be dirty.
The noise stops after the deck is all the way up... as long as you center the control lever... just a squeal as it's going up.
thanks,
Greg