Help B2620 Lost Hydraulics to 3 point

stankier

Equipment
B2620
Aug 29, 2014
Imlay City MI
I have a year old B2620, and while the wife was cutting grass I noticed the mid mount cutting deck will not raise or lower. The deck raises with the lower arms of the 3 point system. It is all hooked up on linkage and fluid is within normal limits. I can lift these arms but they just drop when I let go. There is no resistance at all. Any ideas. Please help, my local Kubota dealer isn't the fastest with service/ repairs.

Shadow

May 18, 2015
Somewhere
Make sure the lower rate valve is open. It's the knob between your legs that adjusts how fast youryour 3pt drops. If it's closed all the way, it won't allow the 3pt to raise or lower.

stankier

Equipment
B2620
Aug 29, 2014
Imlay City MI
Well, I just lost the up and down movements on my front end loader. It will pivot/roll the bucket but it will no longer lift or lower the arms. Took it into the dealer yesterday. 2 week window before they can look at it, service guy stated he hasn't seen this problem before, stood there shaking his head. He did ask if I could prove I had the 50 hour maintenance completed( my tractor has 120 hours on it). I told him that his dealer did that service.

Creek

Equipment
B2920
Jun 23, 2015
Eastern Ohio
I have a B2920 with 600 hours. When I finished mowing this evening, I could not raise or lower the MM mower deck and also could not raise or lower the FEL. The loader bucket curls normally. Fluid level is OK and all maintenance has been done as recommended.

Creek

Equipment
B2920
Jun 23, 2015
Eastern Ohio
After looking at the workshop manual, it makes sense that the relief valve may be the issue. I have not had time to remove the relief valve yet. I plan on removing it this weekend to make sure it is clean. The parts diagram and service manual both show a hex head screw for the relief valve. My relief valve appears to be an allen screw.

Creek

Equipment
B2920
Jun 23, 2015
Eastern Ohio
My loader control valve must for some reason differ from what is shown in the workshop manual and downloadable parts break down diagrams for the B2920. The allen screw required a 6mm allen wrench. I removed the allen screw with some difficulty only to find no relief valve. It is very difficult to visualize all aspects of the valve from a cramped position on the floor and using a flashlight and mirror so that I can see what I am doing. I am now going to remove the right rear wheel so that I can get a good look at the valve from the side. There is a larger hex head screw 90 degrees to the allen screw that I may be able to access with the wheel removed between the bottom of the fender and sub frame on the right side. Since some hydraulic fluid drained when I removed the allen screw, I replaced the screw and started the tractor to see if anything changed. Still no 3 point lift and only curling action on the front end loader. I could initially raise the front end loader after this start up, but could not lower it. When I tried to raise the loader again, it would not move. There is no unusual noise coming from the hydraulic system whatsoever.

Creek

Equipment
B2920
Jun 23, 2015
Eastern Ohio
Found relief valve after removing right rear wheel. It is located on the side of the loader control valve in the space between the bottom of the fender and sub frame, not on the bottom as shown in the diagrams. Removed, cleaned, and replaced the valve. No change. Also removed, cleaned and replaced check valve next to relief valve while I was there. No change. No unusual debris found in ports or fluid.

Additional observations:
1) The loader will go up and down with its full travel if you also curl the bucket one way or the other at the same time.
2) The 3 point lift moved to full up position during my manipulation of the loader, but I could not repeat the exact movements that allowed that to happen. It happened while I was paying attention the the loader movements. Strange.
3) Lowering the bucket in draft mode resets the lift of the loader, but it will stop half way up its full travel. Stopping the engine and restarting has the same effect on the loader as lowering in draft mode.
4) It does not seem that the loader valve linkages could be out of adjustment, but it is something to rule out.

It is due for a full hydraulic fluid and filter change. That will be my next step.
I will just keep ruling things out. Any ideas out there?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Creek,
The more you write the more it sounds like you have a bad spool valve.

Creek

Equipment
B2920
Jun 23, 2015
Eastern Ohio
Thank you for the reply. I was afraid of the valves being a possibility. That would be costly. I was able to briefly run the scenario by the service dept. at the dealership I purchased it from. He asked me if I had a backhoe attachment, which I do. He sees issues from a bad quick coupler preventing proper flow and suggested I start by replacing the coupler that is used for the backhoe. He said that loader valve problems are not common and the best way to check the coupler is to replace it.

Creek

Equipment
B2920
Jun 23, 2015
Eastern Ohio
I am happy to report that replacing the coupler and nipple that is used to connect the back hoe solved the problem. Everything works as it should now. I was surprised that it caused the symptoms that it did. They hit a home run at my dealership ( Phil's Kubota of Columbiana, Ohio) when they suggested I start by replacing it. Thank you to Wolfman for your input. I hope that the originator of the thread comes back to read this. I had originally sent him a personal message but did not hear back from him. The coupler and nipple cost less than $40.
Now, back to mowing...........It is a jungle out there with all the rain we had.

stankier

Equipment
B2620
Aug 29, 2014
Imlay City MI
Thank you for the reply. I was afraid of the valves being a possibility. That would be costly. I was able to briefly run the scenario by the service dept. at the dealership I purchased it from. He asked me if I had a backhoe attachment, which I do. He sees issues from a bad quick coupler preventing proper flow and suggested I start by replacing the coupler that is used for the backhoe. He said that loader valve problems are not common and the best way to check the coupler is to replace it.
That's what mine was. It only took my dealer 3 weeks to figure it out. They also took my pump apart!

cmiller11

Equipment
B2920
Jun 9, 2017
Northern, VA
Thanks Creek and all who posted. I was having the same problem with my B2920. It was an $8.00 fix. I did not need to change coupler the problem was the Kubota: NIPPLE, 1/4 H2-6, Part # K2581-66220. I replaced that and up and running in 10 minutes.

Caryd12

Equipment
B2620
May 26, 2020
Carrollton
I had the exact same issue with the 3 point hitch not raising or lowering, and the FEL boom arm not going up or down but the bucket would dump fine. I have a BH65 so once I read this post I swapped the female portion of the quick connect first and got no results. I then replaced the nipple which is the male piece and it is back working. Thanks so much for everyone who contributed!

One other thing, I had noticed when I would be connecting or disconnecting the BH65 that I was getting a small steady stream of hydraulic oil leaking out when I would take the quick coupler apart. When I inspected the nipple closer I could see that the quick connect portion was damaged and that must’ve been restricting flow